Afrihost - Pure Fibre Feedback Thread

Icemanbrfc

Honorary Master
Replied. I'm the only one looking out for mybroadband clients for now so you have a dedicated rep to sort everyone out :giggle:
Other okes still working there, or different department etc? Afriguy, Afriman, Afrifella?

AfriNatic

Afrihost Rep
Staff member
Other okes still working there, or different department etc? Afriguy, Afriman, Afrifella?

Everyone still there they just shifted to Social media. So I'm dedicated to Mybroadband only for now. I do try and keep an eye on the other rep accounts to make sure there isn't any missed queries.

Icemanbrfc

Honorary Master
Everyone still there they just shifted to Social media. So I'm dedicated to Mybroadband only for now. I do try and keep an eye on the other rep accounts to make sure there isn't any missed queries.
Lekker... Gian needs to move those offices to Cape Town.. Bring it to Camps Bay lol

yebocan

Honorary Master
Yes the new cost will ONLY apply if you decide to keep the service at the current speed.

You will be able to confirm this by looking at the new invoices that get generated. It will show the discounts that have been applied.

We ran a trial for quite some time before the emails were sent out today. Billing has not failed once yet so I'm confident the billing is correct. You can always pull an account history in clientzone to confirm. ;)

thank you

Old_Liver

The old invoice would have been credited already due to the changes. Only 1 invoice will be due.
Haven't got a credit yet, at least not that I can see.
Also got an SMS this morning saying they failed to deduct my card. Same card as always and according to clientzone, I am all up to date.

AfriNatic

Afrihost Rep
Staff member
Haven't got a credit yet, at least not that I can see.
Also got an SMS this morning saying they failed to deduct my card. Same card as always and according to clientzone, I am all up to date.

That is odd. Did you check the account history in clientzone?

AfriNatic

Afrihost Rep
Staff member
We are aware of the ongoing issues with packet loss and intermittent connections on Octotel. We have been working with Octotel to resolve these intermittent connection and packet loss issues.

Go†h_Li†e°²

We are aware of the ongoing issues with packet loss and intermittent connections on Octotel. We have been working with Octotel to resolve these intermittent connection and packet loss issues.
Why not update your network status page?
Instead of having people running around having to dig through a forum to find this out?
It's BS wasting people's time troubleshooting thier side as there are no notices vs them just going to the status page and seeing that there is an issue...it's been an issue since 8AM atleast.

VegOtter

Hey Afripeeps.

So I saw Gian's mail about the double up promotion for fibre speeds, which I was very keen on. I clicked my link, accepted terms and conditions, but then nothing happened... Screen just faded out and it just hanged there. Now if I click the link it just gives me an error has occurred message.
Please help, I would like to take up the promotion.

UPDATE: Nvm, I got confirmation of the upgrade this morning.

Last edited:

Rickster

EVGA Fanatic
@AfriNatic

Hi, so internet went down about 30min after I did the free speed upgrade. I see now the IP has changed to some weird IP, it was on the 165.73.54 range but now its on some 102.182.228 range and it wont work with my router, doesnt pull the IP from your DHCP servers.

Im currently connecting to the CPE directly with my laptop and its working.

If i take the IP and gateway and put it in my router under static it doesnt work.

Please investigate

Thanks.

SeaSickMama

Expert Member
@AfriNatic

Hi, so internet went down about 30min after I did the free speed upgrade. I see now the IP has changed to some weird IP, it was on the 165.73.54 range but now its on some 102.182.228 range and it wont work with my router, doesnt pull the IP from your DHCP servers.

Im currently connecting to the CPE directly with my laptop and its working.

If i take the IP and gateway and put it in my router under static it doesnt work.

Please investigate

Thanks.
They bind by mac address last i recall so you will need a ticket etc for them to unbind it

Pho3nix

The Legend
Having the same issue, my internet died at midnight. Was on the 102 range but now on the 165 range.
Speed only gets to 2Mbps when I am supposed to be on 200 :(
Guessing this is because I applied the promo?

Rickster

EVGA Fanatic
Having the same issue, my internet died at midnight. Was on the 102 range but now on the 165 range.
Speed only gets to 2Mbps when I am supposed to be on 200 :(
Guessing this is because I applied the promo?

Dont you mean you were on the 165 range now on 102?

e4et

Expert Member
Nope most FNO qualify for the free doubles speeds. This is a promo Afrihost is running so we can call it an Afrihost exclusive.

The new price is generated by the system but if you opt in to the promo the price is discounted so you will not be charged the new price unless you keep it after January 2021.

It's free and if you have been charged more than your normal price something went wrong that we need to look into. :)
edit. Ok, I saw the upgrade offer on the app. Thanks.

Last edited: