Afrihost - Pure Fibre Feedback Thread

Go†h_Li†e°²

@AfriNatic

Hi, so internet went down about 30min after I did the free speed upgrade. I see now the IP has changed to some weird IP, it was on the 165.73.54 range but now its on some 102.182.228 range and it wont work with my router, doesnt pull the IP from your DHCP servers.

Im currently connecting to the CPE directly with my laptop and its working.

If i take the IP and gateway and put it in my router under static it doesnt work.

Please investigate

Thanks.
@AfriNatic

Hi, so internet went down about 30min after I did the free speed upgrade. I see now the IP has changed to some weird IP, it was on the 165.73.54 range but now its on some 102.182.228 range and it wont work with my router, doesnt pull the IP from your DHCP servers.

If i take the IP and gateway and put it in my router under static it doesnt work.

Please investigate

Thanks.
Same issue for me, regarding IP addresses assigning, I ended up with a 100.x.x.x, ended up having to switch devices to get internet up, as they keep assigning the same address.

Last edited:

AfriNatic

Afrihost Rep
Staff member
Why not update your network status page?
Instead of having people running around having to dig through a forum to find this out?
It's BS wasting people's time troubleshooting thier side as there are no notices vs them just going to the status page and seeing that there is an issue...it's been an issue since 8AM atleast.
Octotel + Cool ideas is apparently fine...

I'm really sorry that you have been inconvenienced like this. This is not our intention at all and not something we want our clients to experience. We pride ourselves in Pure internet Joy and that is not what we provided you with.

Thank you for getting in touch via pm. I have a couple of team leaders and myself trying to get a solution asap.

I do believe that there is reports about a similar issue in the cool ideas thread.

AfriNatic

Afrihost Rep
Staff member
@AfriNatic

Please investigate

Thanks.

The 165.73 and 102.182 is both our IP ranges. Both are public IP addresses. Can you try to visit login.afrihost.com again to activate the router again. It could be a mapping issue you are experiencing.

AfriNatic

Afrihost Rep
Staff member
Having the same issue, my internet died at midnight. Was on the 102 range but now on the 165 range.
Speed only gets to 2Mbps when I am supposed to be on 200 :(
Guessing this is because I applied the promo?

The IP should not effect speeds at all. So if you aren't getting the double speeds something odd is happening and we should investigate the issue.

Pho3nix

The Legend
The IP should not effect speeds at all. So if you aren't getting the double speeds something odd is happening and we should investigate the issue.

A reset helped the issue as well as going to login.Afrihost.com

Issue now is speed doesn't seem 100% and it's worked perfectly before when I've had a 1Gbps account. And earlier this year when I got the full 200Mbps

ea3b2a7d02ced225d11d1685c50cbdd3.jpg

AfriNatic

Afrihost Rep
Staff member
A reset helped the issue as well as going to login.Afrihost.com

Issue now is speed doesn't seem 100% and it's worked perfectly before when I've had a 1Gbps account. And earlier this year when I got the full 200Mbps

ea3b2a7d02ced225d11d1685c50cbdd3.jpg

That seems a bit slower than usual for a local test even though it's on wifi. I'm assuming ethernet gives you the same result?

atunguyd

Anyone else find that the upgrade doesnt really work? I was on 100/50 openserve and this morning I am getting about 110/100 no matter what server I use in speedtest. Have checked that all my gigabit switches and the router are running at 1000mbs and not 100mbs

Pho3nix

The Legend
That seems a bit slower than usual for a local test even though it's on wifi. I'm assuming ethernet gives you the same result?

This is what I get from cable on server. Would need to test on Laptop properly when I get home

a8a1a37845f2fb2a20f7af42dd4750f4.jpg

AfriNatic

Afrihost Rep
Staff member
Anyone else find that the upgrade doesnt really work? I was on 100/50 openserve and this morning I am getting about 110/100 no matter what server I use in speedtest. Have checked that all my gigabit switches and the router are running at 1000mbs and not 100mbs

Can you drop me a pm with your clientzone email.

Rickster

EVGA Fanatic
The 165.73 and 102.182 is both our IP ranges. Both are public IP addresses. Can you try to visit login.afrihost.com again to activate the router again. It could be a mapping issue you are experiencing.
Thing is my router doesn't get an ip from your DHCP servers but I can try.

AfriNatic

Afrihost Rep
Staff member
Thing is my router doesn't get an ip from your DHCP servers but I can try.

That is strange because it should always get an ip even if it's not mapped. That will just trigger the activation page if it's a new MAC address that is not linked to a service. If you are getting an IP connected directly to the ONT then something else might be the issue.

Convex

Our fibre at work has been offline since arriving at 8am. I get redirected to a site saying I must enter the number I used to sign up, but nothing happens. Tried using WhatsApp chat and live cha but both offline still at the time of typing thist, and holding time at call centre is 40 minutes. Newton park, port Elizabeth

AfriNatic

Afrihost Rep
Staff member
Our fibre at work has been offline since arriving at 8am. I get redirected to a site saying I must enter the number I used to sign up, but nothing happens. Tried using WhatsApp chat and live cha but both offline still at the time of typing thist, and holding time at call centre is 40 minutes. Newton park, port Elizabeth

If you are being redirected to the login page it's related to the mac address that changed.

I can send a manual OTP to the email if you are struggling to activate. Drop me a pm with the clientzone email so I can assist.

mrudling

Hey @AfriNatic

Please can you assist. I have moved into our new house and would like my vuma fiber activated. The install is done (was an existing connection) and the old client has terminated the connection. When connecting I am directed to the vuma shop and have acquired my ID that i need to supply in the afrihost client portal, however the status of the order in the client portal is Processing.

Please can you move this to the next step so i can activate my connection :)
Cheers
Mark

AfriNatic

Afrihost Rep
Staff member
Hey @AfriNatic

Please can you assist. I have moved into our new house and would like my vuma fiber activated. The install is done (was an existing connection) and the old client has terminated the connection. When connecting I am directed to the vuma shop and have acquired my ID that i need to supply in the afrihost client portal, however the status of the order in the client portal is Processing.

Please can you move this to the next step so i can activate my connection :)
Cheers
Mark

I can assist with that.

Can you drop me you clientzone email address?

VicB

I'm getting the same. Went from 100/50 to 100/100 after the upgrade. Have done resets on devices and ONT, nothing helps.

Hopefully @AfriNatic can assist