Afrihost - Pure Fibre Feedback Thread

AfriNatic

Afrihost Rep
Staff member
Morning,

Seems like a network incident that affected Vumatel clients. I will reach out to NOC to see if I can get some info. Apologies.

AfriNatic

Afrihost Rep
Staff member
Anyone else got a firmware update notification for D-Link DIR-825ACG1 router? New firmware is 5.0.1, but I can't find any information on what's been updated.
Looks to be Afrihost specific firmware: ftp://ftp.d-link.co.za/DIR/dir825%20(new)/firmware/G1_BlueWhiteGui/Afrihost/

Would like to know what's been updated before I install the update please.

This update has also enabled TR-069 for us to be able to push a configuration to clients that are completely unable to setup their router via support channels. I will have to confirm the other changes this update brings to the router.

Colsuldel

just migrated my fibre line over to afrihost on the openserve network,
got my logon details and line is working, I then saw the double speed promotion and signed up for that.
Got the confirmation e-mail, and double speed reflecting on my clientzone.
how long does it take for the speed increase to take effect?
anything I will have to do on my end?

edit - solved, there was a hard limit set on my router QOS settings which capped my line Download and Upload speeds.
a reset to defaults on the router cleared those settings and getting the full speed now.

Last edited:

AfriNatic

Afrihost Rep
Staff member
just migrated my fibre line over to afrihost on the openserve network,
got my logon details and line is working, I then saw the double speed promotion and signed up for that.
Got the confirmation e-mail, and double speed reflecting on my clientzone.
how long does it take for the speed increase to take effect?
anything I will have to do on my end?

Can you send me your clientzone email so I can confirm for you?

AfriNatic

Afrihost Rep
Staff member
Please note there is an outage in PE affecting all FrogFoot clients in PE. FrogFoot is attending to the network incident. Apologies for the downtime.

Luke7777

Executive Member
This update has also enabled TR-069 for us to be able to push a configuration to clients that are completely unable to setup their router via support channels. I will have to confirm the other changes this update brings to the router.
Also have a 5.0.0 update sitting on 825 R1 (fwupdate.dlink.ru). Currently on 1.0.1.

I do see a 5.0.0 here as well :
ftp://ftp.d-link.co.za/DIR/dir825(R1)/Afrihost%20Firmware/

Last edited:

sammi01

R249 delivery fee if you opt for delivery. You can collect at our office if you do not wish to pay the delivery fee. Ideally you would want to take this while ordering so it can be couriered with the router.

Seems like delivery fee is R99 for the UPS.

AfriNatic

Afrihost Rep
Staff member
I was wondering if this would be able to run my ASUS DSL-AC68U Dual-Band Wireless AC1900 VDSL/ADSL2+ Gigabit Modem Router, DC Output : 19 V/1.75 A as well as my Nokia ONT?

Should be. Just check the voltage of the devices. If they all have a DC plug and 12v it should work fine. ;)

Naks

Executive Member
Jeez, what is going with Afrihost/Frogfoot this afternoon?

Internet is yo-yoing like crazy!

AfriNatic

Afrihost Rep
Staff member
Jeez, what is going with Afrihost/Frogfoot this afternoon?

Internet is yo-yoing like crazy!

There is a FrogFoot outage in CPT again. Apologies for the issues you are experiencing.

AfriNatic

Afrihost Rep
Staff member
Please note we are are aware of an outage affecting FrogFoot clients in and around CPT. Frogfoot is aware of the issue and is working hard to resolve the issue. Apologies for the issues experienced.