Afrihost - Pure Fibre Feedback Thread

vavyn

Getting 140ms to eu overwatch. Loving the ping but why the substantial decrease from jhb from 190 to 140

cavedog

Honorary Master
Getting 140ms to eu overwatch. Loving the ping but why the substantial decrease from jhb from 190 to 140

Amazon direct connect to new servers hosted in Bahrain. Pretty decent latency. :)

Games that have Middle East servers on AWS should have pretty decent latency via AWS direct connect.

Fortnite is one of them.

fortnite-png.933379

Last edited:

LordPhoenix_ZA

Dev and Warehouse is looking into the issue. I was able to replicate the issue. Did not quite get the RICA but now I see the RICA issue should not be there. ;)
Hey Man,

Any update on this one - If the delivery fee is reduced, then I dont mind going through with it.

AfriNatic

Afrihost Rep
Staff member
Hey Man,

Any update on this one - If the delivery fee is reduced, then I dont mind going through with it.

The Rica issue was resolved I'm waiting for Warehouse to change the delivery fee to R99.

Naks

Executive Member
Please note we are are aware of an outage affecting FrogFoot clients in and around CPT. Frogfoot is aware of the issue and is working hard to resolve the issue. Apologies for the issues experienced.
And again tonight, I assume!?

FFS...

AfriNatic

Afrihost Rep
Staff member
And again tonight, I assume!?

FFS...

We are seeing a lot of reports coming in from FrogFoot clients in PE and CPT. Looks like we lost clients in that region. We investigating. Sorry for this.

AfriNatic

Afrihost Rep
Staff member
We are experiencing an outage in CPT. NOC is on it.

EDIT:

We are experiencing a network incident that has taken down CPT, PE and surrounds.

NOC is on it. Sorry for the downtime all. :(

Last edited:

AfriNatic

Afrihost Rep
Staff member
We are working on the issue.

We are seeing a very high volume of emails and call back requests coming in and we will work hard to get to everyone. Apologies.

AfriNatic

Afrihost Rep
Staff member
Services are starting to come back online. We are seeing DHCP request which is coming in at a rapid pace. If your router fails to obtain an IP please don't restart it it will get an IP soon.

AfriNatic

Afrihost Rep
Staff member
We are seeing a lot of clients getting DHCP leases and should be back online. Apologies for the downtime experienced.

CrypticZA

Expert Member
@AfriNatic Hey i don't have a line or account with you guys but have a friend who is seeing very high pings to Blizzard Overwatch servers can you kindly confirm the routing on these trace routes is correct?

France.png

Amsterdam.png

Above is to a France server and a Amsterdam server, they based in Cape Town so the the 7th hop seems a bit high in ping?

185.60.112.157.png

In game they getting around 190 to 220 sometimes where i am in Cape Town as well on another ISP i get around 160

AfriNatic

Afrihost Rep
Staff member
@AfriNatic Hey i don't have a line or account with you guys but have a friend who is seeing very high pings to Blizzard Overwatch servers can you kindly confirm the routing on these trace routes is correct?

View attachment 935966

View attachment 935968

Above is to a France server and a Amsterdam server, they based in Cape Town so the the 7th hop seems a bit high in ping?

View attachment 935970

In game they getting around 190 to 220 sometimes where i am in Cape Town as well on another ISP i get around 160

They are a bit high but I've seen this before where Blizzard does funny things with routing and our Transit provider Openserve uses alternatives to reach the server.