Afrihost - Pure Fibre Feedback Thread

Chevauxza

Google services seem to be down still - Google.com returns 502 error and YouTube doesn’t load. Possibly not an issue with Afrihost though, not sure.

AfriNatic

Afrihost Rep
Company Rep
Google services are down. The peering is back but it just stops on their side. It's a google outage.

AfriNatic

Afrihost Rep
Company Rep
Anyone that is using Google DNS is advised to switch back to default or use another DNS provider.

ProjectEC97

Aw what? Was Google down for everyone? here I thought I picked up malware from my bug hunting and decided to wipe my PC xD, I don't have anything on my PC (all kept safe online) so wiping is something I do regularly. I probably should have came here first...

Reactions: Yuu

AfriNatic

Afrihost Rep
Company Rep
Is there an advantage in running the default and running the Google DNS?

It depends really. Google DNS might have a lot more cached queries vs our default DNS which will have only the cached queries from our clients. You would need to do a DNS Bench test to see which DNS servers gives you the best performance.

Icemanbrfc

Honorary Master
It depends really. Google DNS might have a lot more cached queries vs our default DNS which will have only the cached queries from our clients. You would need to do a DNS Bench test to see which DNS servers gives you the best performance.
Thanks. Seems those Google issues might be sorted, but not sure

AfriNatic

Afrihost Rep
Company Rep
Seems to have stabilized. My data is being sent overseas rather than processed locally but all of that is on Google's side. Afrihost link is solid

All Google traffic is now served from EU but it's mostly stable. Clients that have packet loss on their lines might experience issues due to the increased latency.