Afrihost - Pure Fibre Feedback Thread

AfriNatic

Afrihost Rep
Company Rep
Certain services are serviced from NAP like the content when watching a youtube video ect.

Stuff like google.com, google.co.za, gmail.com, drive.google.com is being served from an EU source and once we hand over traffic at NAP to Google their transit to EU has high losses.

KinsZA

Expert Member
To those having issues try keeping Cloudflares free Warp VPN handy, it's the only reason I'm able to use the internet properly right now.

ProjectEC97

I was hitting 100Mbps for a moment but then went back down to 50, I see my ClientZone line package updated to 100 though so Openserve are doing their thing. As for Google right now...idk what to say

Rickster

EVGA Fanatic
Certain services are serviced from NAP like the content when watching a youtube video ect.

Stuff like google.com, google.co.za, gmail.com, drive.google.com is being served from an EU source and once we hand over traffic at NAP to Google their transit to EU has high losses.

Yip, can confirm.

Whats google got to say about it?

sand_man

Honorary Master
This feels like an Afrihost issue to me. Testing on rain and Mtn and not seeing any issues what so ever.

killerbyte

Expert Member
My clientzone shows 100Mbps but I am getting 50/50 right now.
But google is ****ed tonight so I cant even watch youtube.

ambro

Recently upgraded my speed and now I can't even watch a YouTube video. What's going on? This isn't the first time this has happened.

Nic_s

It's an Afrihost issue. If I connect to our Office VPN everything works fine. Our office is on Vodacom.

Been trying to get Afrihost to fix my speed issues all week. They did the upgrade on Monday and since then I've been stuck on 100Mbps down and 100Mbps up with issues evey now and then. The support staff insist that I have some sort of bottleneck on my Gigabit network. Even my wifi is running at 300Mbps. I should be on 200Mbps down.

At around 2pm today I saw around 195Mbps on a speed test... great! It's Fixed!... or so I thought. At around 5pm I as back to 100Mbps down and 100Mbps up. And now no google services....

They screwed it up with the last upgrade as well.

I'm planning on downgrading back to 100Mbps, but I want my connection to be correct and stable first.

In the future I would rather prefer they leave my account as is and just charge me the cheaper price instead of the free upgrade. Every time they upgrade it goes to ****.

TheMannequin

My clientzone shows 100Mbps but I am getting 50/50 right now.
But google is ****ed tonight so I cant even watch youtube.
Same issue! Clientzone shows 100mb, but line tests as 50/50....download starts at 100mbit, then drops down within a second or so to 50.

And then Youtube un-useable....but working fine over normal Vodacom 4G.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210304-204751_Speedtest.jpg
    Screenshot_20210304-204751_Speedtest.jpg
    228.6 KB · Views: 33

blunt

Expert Member
Definitely something up with AH this evening. Switched to cybersmart 20+100GB free account and everything's running perfectly.
AH i can barely watch Hulu and browsing (even mybb) is very laggy.. my Xiaomi Mi Home app doesn't work either (need to get some vacuuming done :) -- works fine on Cybersmart)