Afrihost - Pure Fibre Feedback Thread

Mike43110

I'm having quite bad net since yesterday - I see the fault in CT is cleared but I am having quite high packet loss and at some points I just completely lose connection. Traceroutes show traffic while it's "down" are reaching Afrihost but the packets can't seem to escape your servers.

Any advice/assistance as to what I can do to resolve this? Work today was already impossible.

harties

I'm having quite bad net since yesterday - I see the fault in CT is cleared but I am having quite high packet loss and at some points I just completely lose connection. Traceroutes show traffic while it's "down" are reaching Afrihost but the packets can't seem to escape your servers.

Any advice/assistance as to what I can do to resolve this? Work today was already impossible.
Are you based in Century City? Having the same issues as well, support can't seem to identify the issue and seems to think its my dlink router firmware thats an issue (i have a tplink), meanwhile i already sent test results from the CPE<->Mikrotik router thats showing the problem.

Mike43110

Are you based in Century City? Having the same issues as well, support can't seem to identify the issue and seems to think its my dlink router firmware thats an issue (i have a tplink), meanwhile i already sent test results from the CPE<->Mikrotik router thats showing the problem.
Somerset West, not that far out.

Similar area. The trace showing I can clearly route out of the CPE makes me far less suspicious of the router.

Draken

no new international connections establishing, already going ones still alive.

AfriNatic

Afrihost Rep
Company Rep
We have switched to an alternative route for now while we investigate the outage.

International latency might be adversely affected for clients in Gauteng and clients in other areas that terminate in JHB. We are working with the provider to resolve asap. Apologies for the downtime.