Afrihost - Pure Fibre Feedback Thread

darkguyv3r

Thanks @Pho3nix, I wonder if it is only frogfoot based clients impacted. My connection is basically useless again.

Attachments

• Packetloss.PNG
    Packetloss.PNG
    36.6 KB · Views: 21
  • Speed 22H41.PNG
    Speed 22H41.PNG
    5.2 KB · Views: 20

Zertop

Expert Member
Am also experiencing ups-and-downs in connectivity. Has been happening since about 21:30. On a 50/50 [Vumatel], however sometimes only seem to get 2Mbps through. Looking alright again now though.

darkguyv3r

@Pho3nix, thanks for now just testing to Google dns 8.8.8.8. i see its all cleared up again

Attachments

• 22H46.PNG
    22H46.PNG
    6.5 KB · Views: 26
  • speed 22H47.PNG
    speed 22H47.PNG
    5 KB · Views: 26

AfriNatic

Afrihost Rep
Staff member
East London to Afrihost.co.za - 38ms
The first hop was to Cape Town - 18ms

Hi,

There was a number of issues yesterday. Usually FrogFoot EL traffic terminates in JHB. If you are using others like Openserve for example that traffic is terminating in CPT. Cloudflare has pulled some announcements in CPT and it ISPs have to take that traffic to JHB which would have caused you the increased latency.

AfriNatic

Afrihost Rep
Staff member
Hi everyone,

I trust everyone is well.

I wanted to make a few posts because honestly is usually the best way to retain clients and give clients updates on what is happening behind the scenes. I won't be able to disclose much but wanted to give clients just an update on what is happening and certain challenges we are facing.

We have lost JHB route to EU and rerouted traffic to bring connectivity back. That also affected some traffic between JHB and CPT.

As most know we and many other big ISPs are facing an IP shortage. We have been enabling nat to assist with these types of challenges. This is caused some issues for Vuma Reach, FrogFoot and Octotel clients in CPT. We are working to get these issues resolved asap and one of these methods are to reduce the need to NAT by pushing for IPv6. We have started rolling out IPv6 for Vuma Reach and most of our other FNOs are all enabled for IPv6.

If you have IPv6 disabled please enable this on your router as it will allow you more public IPs and possibly improve your overall experience.

We are working behind the scenes to manage these challenges and I'm confident we will have them sorted out soon.

If you are experiencing any issues please let me or the support team know for us to have a look and identify and fix issues where the pop up.

Hope this explains some of the issues some might be facing. Apologies for these we are working on fixing it asap and providing the best possible connection to all our clients.

Dan C

Honorary Master
Frogfoot never cease to impress

Ping: 89ms
Download: 0.85Mbps
Upload: 52.83Mbps

AfriNatic

Afrihost Rep
Staff member
@AfriNatic so that's was the problem with openserve dsl side yesterday aswell. I first thought might be exchange

It could have been. We are not experiencing any issues with Openserve. If you are still experiencing issues please let me know.

Reactions: XTM

K T

Hi,

There was a number of issues yesterday. Usually FrogFoot EL traffic terminates in JHB. If you are using others like Openserve for example that traffic is terminating in CPT. Cloudflare has pulled some announcements in CPT and it ISPs have to take that traffic to JHB which would have caused you the increased latency.
I'm on Vuma trenched

AfriNatic

Afrihost Rep
Staff member
I'm on Vuma trenched

Okay that is Vuma Villages then. Traffic from PE and EL is complicated and there is various paths to CPT and JHB. Som direct to CPT some via Bloemfontein to JHB or even some via Durban to JHB.

If a provider pulls their advertisements in CPT like Cloudflare did then traffic will go to the next peering point which is almost always JHB.