Afrihost - Pure Fibre Feedback Thread

AfriNatic

Afrihost Rep
Staff member
Frogfoot down again :(

Hi,

Outage update below.

Outage Status: Update

Outage title: Outage | REGIONAL | PLZ | KING WILLIAMS TOWN, EAST LONDON, MOSSEL BAY, DANABAY, OUDTSHOORN, GEORGE, GRAHAMSTOWN | DOWN
Service Type: FTTB | FTTH
Outage ref (solid): FRG1651182
Impact start time: 2021-11-20 17:43:00
Impact: Down

Outage Update

2021-11-20

-- Logged to Vendor
-- Vendor requested dispatch, awaiting ETA.
-- Frogfoot technician being dispatched to assist in mitigation. ETA 20 min

moedawood

Hi guys.

Just need advise from anyone with a PS4 using the AX3 router. The PS4 seems to be maxing out at 50Mbps. When doing speedtests and downloads on the PS4, a 25GB update that should take 35min it taking 70min to download. If I do a speedtest with my phone at the same location, the speedtest is 100Mbps.

Anyone know what the issue could be?

Jaseyyxx

Hi guys.

Just need advise from anyone with a PS4 using the AX3 router. The PS4 seems to be maxing out at 50Mbps. When doing speedtests and downloads on the PS4, a 25GB update that should take 35min it taking 70min to download. If I do a speedtest with my phone at the same location, the speedtest is 100Mbps.

Anyone know what the issue could be?
Probably a bad wifi chip in the PS. Is there anyway to get an ethernet cable to your console?

Rouxenator

Dank meme lord
Over the past few weeks I notice these brief 10 to 30 second outages. Like for example when I am in a video call or gaming it will drop out. The break is also just long enough to break downloads which is incredibly frustrating. Anyone else experiencing similar issues?

ZSK

Over the past few weeks I notice these brief 10 to 30 second outages. Like for example when I am in a video call or gaming it will drop out. The break is also just long enough to break downloads which is incredibly frustrating. Anyone else experiencing similar issues?
Also experiencing a similar issue. Dont see any disconnections on the Afrihost app but there is no internet. Only comes right once I restart the router. Im on Openserve in Centurion.

AfriNatic

Afrihost Rep
Staff member

Hi,

Can you run a continuous pingplotter to see if it indicates the drops?

AfriNatic

Afrihost Rep
Staff member
Also experiencing a similar issue. Dont see any disconnections on the Afrihost app but there is no internet. Only comes right once I restart the router. Im on Openserve in Centurion.

What router are you using?

AfriNatic

Afrihost Rep
Staff member
Hi. Im using an Asus AC52U. Problem seems to occur after loadshedding intermittently.

Let me know if it happened again so I can have a look at the sessions and the reason for the session disconnect and log it if needs be.

Rouxenator

Dank meme lord
Hi,

Can you run a continuous pingplotter to see if it indicates the drops?
OK, will do. I have been running two console windows, one with pint -t 1.1.1.1 and the other with ping -t 8.8.8.8 and they consistently show time outs when the connection drops.

Convex

Been experiencing this since the morning.

Rouxenator

Dank meme lord
Seems to still happen, but it is not causing the router to get upset now so downloads carry on. But I looks like the problem is still there.

1637674401722.png