Afrihost - Pure Fibre Feedback Thread

CrypticZA

Expert Member
Yes support is really bad , family member complains all the time and with frogfoot you’ll need the support
My sister has been struggling with WA to cancel her ADSL which was switched off and they just never do anything, she eventually went to Telkom who were more helpful.

I'd rather spend a little more money and go with a decent ISP with decent support, especially when on a a fibre provider like vroetfoot.

If you on Vuma/Openserve you can get away with a cheaper option generally

AfriNatic

Afrihost Rep
Staff member
Yes, I know, that's still cheaper than AH.

I'm sorry you feel our pricing isn't competitive. We do our best to price our services well. We won't be able to match WebAfrica's pricing unfortunately.

minkukel

Expert Member
I'm sorry you feel our pricing isn't competitive. We do our best to price our services well. We won't be able to match WebAfrica's pricing unfortunately.
Webafrica ? No thnks did not have a good experience with WA.

Naks

Executive Member

By all accounts WA's service/support seems to be kak, so fair enough.

I upgraded my fibre line from 100/100 to 200/200 earlier, and then reset my fibre point & router, so why is my line now syncing BELOW 100?

12440525648.png

Dan C

Honorary Master
By all accounts WA's service/support seems to be kak, so fair enough.

I upgraded my fibre line from 100/100 to 200/200 earlier, and then reset my fibre point & router, so why is my line now syncing BELOW 100?

12440525648.png
It normally takes a day or two for the upgrade. I think you have other issues.

Dan C

Honorary Master
Weird, it clearly says immediate or something to that effect
Mine took awhile, like just over a day. The client zone may say immediate, but I could be wrong in saying that FF still has to do the upgrade.

Oh and I didn't have to reset the ONT or router, it just happened.

Last edited:

Gimli_

If you follow suit I am Definately coming back

MyBroadband: RSAWEB – Summer Fibre Sale.

Rickster

EVGA Fanatic
Morning,

Still having issues? I don't see any complaints about slow or issues with Youtube last night.
All good, i think it was one video that wasnt cached so it was loading poorly.

Another thing, i just found the items for this weeks spiderman entry but when i put in my details i get:

Invalid session

What does that mean?

AfriNatic

Afrihost Rep
Staff member
All good, i think it was one video that wasnt cached so it was loading poorly.

Another thing, i just found the items for this weeks spiderman entry but when i put in my details i get:

Invalid session

What does that mean?

What browser are you using?

I would recommend clearing cache and restarting the browser to see if that fixes the issue.

We had to make some coding changes to verify browser sessions to fight against cheating.