Afrihost - Pure Fibre Feedback Thread

Aghori

Honorary Master
@AfriNatic

Quick question - My dad's fiber from Vuma Reach through you guys is up and running and he's 200% happy with it.

Do you do the usual debit order every month via clientzone and added credit/debit card, or is there a manual payment method? I'm hearing conflicting statements from some people.

Vuilhaas

The prices of all products on Vumatel have increased (according to the Afrihost app). Did Afrihost send any notification of this?

Attachments

• IMG_20220123_224120.jpg
    IMG_20220123_224120.jpg
    127.2 KB · Views: 40

AfriNatic

Afrihost Rep
Staff member
@AfriNatic

Quick question - My dad's fiber from Vuma Reach through you guys is up and running and he's 200% happy with it.

Do you do the usual debit order every month via clientzone and added credit/debit card, or is there a manual payment method? I'm hearing conflicting statements from some people.

Morning,

Payments are via payfast and is linked to the card you made the payment on. Payments are done on the 1st of each month.

Please see the is help article on how to update the payment details linked to your Vuma Reach service.

Go†h_Li†e°²

I see you guys updated your Network status page.
To note it says medium impact, but peeps are completely down.
Ont's are showing PON/ALM down.

Seems like Rondebosch is also down.

AfriNatic

Afrihost Rep
Staff member
I see you guys updated your Network status page.
To note it says medium impact, but peeps are completely down.
Ont's are showing PON/ALM down.

Seems like Rondebosch is also down.

The impact severity is determine by how many clients are affected in the area. If more than one FNO and area has an issue in a wide area we will add a high impact notice.

AfriNatic

Afrihost Rep
Staff member
@AfriNatic Does Afrihost offer business fibre? for a small business of about 8-10 people? FNO Octotel

Hi,

We do not offer FTTB and with Octotel they would not allow an FTTH order if it's a business. If you have Openserve coverage we can do an FTTH order for you?

mathebus

Hi,

We do not offer FTTB and with Octotel they would not allow an FTTH order if it's a business. If you have Openserve coverage we can do an FTTH order for you?
Its for a friend that has office in Wynberg, so the only FNO is Octotel. Not sure if this is the right place then but how does a person get fibre for the business then? Do you just take it out in an individuals name from Afrihost or go to a different ISP that offers FTTB?

AfriNatic

Afrihost Rep
Staff member
Its for a friend that has office in Wynberg, so the only FNO is Octotel. Not sure if this is the right place then but how does a person get fibre for the business then? Do you just take it out in an individuals name from Afrihost or go to a different ISP that offers FTTB?

We only do FTTH so if they should signup for fibre with us it would be on an idividuals name but can specify the company details and have addition details linked if someone else would be calling in for support.

Unfortunately we don't do FTTB at all.

Please speak to @PBCool @CoolChick or @TheRoDent and they can assist with an FTTB option.

Vuilhaas

Prices has increased for new clients signing up. For existing clients we will send a communication soon informing of the price increase from the 1st of March.
Thanks. Does the increase apply to existing customers who upgrade?