Afrihost - Pure Fibre Feedback Thread

AfriNatic

Afrihost Rep
Company Rep
Can't work on my client sites because of slow loading times again. YouTube is also buffering but refreshing fixes it most of the time.

I've sent everything through to Nicholas from NOC. Let's hope it helps him out. Want me to forward any of it to you @cavedog ?

Please enjoy your time off while you can as well!

We are still actively working on the issues causing degraded YouTube. Apologies for the issues.

AfriNatic

Afrihost Rep
Company Rep
Sad to see that all the effort @AfriNatic has put into the forum is going to waste . Seems the Afri-people is back to their old ways.....

YES! I'm having exactly the same issue. Afrihost + FrogFoot. Here is my log from the last few days, been driving me INSANE. DM me so we can see how close we really are to each other? Here is my log but it is by no means complete because I haven't been home and obviously during load shedding there is no way I can tell.

8 March (Tuesday):
- Down at 9:40
- Down at 11:55
- Down at 20:16

9 March (Wednesday):
- Down at 8:30
- Down at 8:43
- Down at 9:06
- Down at 11:00
- Down at 12:10
- Down at 12:52

10 March (Thursday):
- Down at 10:09
- Down at 18:05

11 March (Friday):
- Down at 8:01
- Down at 11:10
- Down at 16:49

13 March (Sunday):
- Down at 13:10

14 March (Monday):
- Down at 9:04
- Down at 11:30
- Down at 12:00
- Down at 13:13

Hi,

We logged a fault with Frogfoot and Frogfoot ME team is investigating the issue.

We have noticed the drops on Menlo OLT 1,2 and 3.

I will revert back as soon as I have further feedback. Apologies for the issues.

AfriNatic

Afrihost Rep
Company Rep
Sad to see that all the effort @AfriNatic has put into the forum is going to waste . Seems the Afri-people is back to their old ways.....

The poor dudes on leave. He'll be back 23rd. Things might start to move then.

Sorry for the lack of feedback and support.

I'm trying to clear some of the queries. There is well over 60 messages. It will take me some time to clear.

Please also add @AfriGuy and @AfriFella to any messages sent.

mclombaard

@AfriNatic look at this nice experience. I am fed up with afrihost to be honest.

Happend 5 times in 1 hour

64cdff9f078a15fbb75f04594570f38f.jpg

Last edited:

Hype

When is the issue with youtube's terrible throughput and buffering going to be resolved? Nearly a week of this? Vumatel trenched in JHB.

Convex

There was degraded notices. Are you still experiencing issues?
Yes quite badly, Ping spikes to 700ms when playing on Eu servers and so much packet loss. Plus getting much slower speeds on downloads. My line is 30/3.
2.PNG
1.PNG