Afrihost - Pure Fibre Feedback Thread

aggressiveGrey

getting random disconnects (in games) after you said it was fixed it was fine for a little but now the disconnects are back lol

bradza

Hmm got an email from "Gian" saying he has a free gift and must click on a link, this legit?

bradza

We are giving exisitng clients a .co.za domain for free for the 1st year.

The promo link is unique but should redirect you to https://parkme.afrihost.com/ to claim the free .co.za domain if you want it.
Thanks AfriNatic, tried the link but didn't work but went to a sort of 404 saying get a free domain. Thanks for clarifying on it's validity. With the new regulations coming, I might pass lol but hey, thanks for the offer Gian.

Ecco

Executive Member
We are giving exisitng clients a .co.za domain for free for the 1st year.

The promo link is unique but should redirect you to https://parkme.afrihost.com/ to claim the free .co.za domain if you want it.

You guys should refrain from asking clients to click links in emails, especially if its unsolicited. Its not great practice.

Better suggestion is have them log into clientzone and then have link for them or something. I know it might not get you as many hits, but you know its better all round.

Prof.Merlin

Expert Member
This feature generates a new random password and emails it to the account holder. It's not a stored password.
This doesn't seem to be the case.

I am talking specifically about the "send passwords" option under hosting settings:
1652960540054.png

I clicked it, got an email with passwords. Then requested to send another email with passwords and got the same email with same passwords. I then went back to when I signed up and its the same password that I received in my email when I signed up.

So it is NOT a random new password, and it is then stored in plain text?

AfriNatic

Afrihost Rep
Company Rep
This doesn't seem to be the case.

I am talking specifically about the "send passwords" option under hosting settings:
View attachment 1311842

I clicked it, got an email with passwords. Then requested to send another email with passwords and got the same email with same passwords. I then went back to when I signed up and its the same password that I received in my email when I signed up.

So it is NOT a random new password, and it is then stored in plain text?

Are you hosted on a cpanel server?