Afrihost - Pure Fibre Feedback Thread

ADrunkTeddyBear

Expert Member
No issues

But did you guys do something to Reach in KZN?

Getting 112-110mbps (peak hours as well) on speed tests now

Before, on good day, ill get 93-95mbps (incl on a wired network)

Really impressed @AfriNatic and team!

VegOtter

Hi @AfriNatic

Is there some sort of issue with transit between Durban and Johannesburg. I'm getting terrible latency and packet loss to Escape from Tarkov servers. Included an ping plotter screenshot.

Attachments

• tarkov ping.jpg
    tarkov ping.jpg
    57.8 KB · Views: 39

KillerOnDrugX

It’s weird only Certain things are broken , Netflix works perfect Disney+ is broken , Zoom calls failing YouTube as well , first time I’ve had an issue
I mostly notice it on Discord. Disney+ has been perfect this whole time though, all I've been doing on account of the weather haha

HumanShield

So I've had a weird outage. PON light solid green. Account details correct in the router but PPPoE shows offline. Got on with support yesterday and the line was "audited" and it returned back to normal. Earlier today same thing. The connection just died. Got on the support chat and the guy first said it was the line, then when I tried a Vox account it worked without any problem. So clearly not the line. Then I was told it's not just me and the engineers are aware of the problem and there was nothing that he could do to fix the problem. Anyone else with the same issue?

blowdart18

Centurion Openserve with Afrihost has been down since about 12ish, service still not restored barely able to do much on my line.

e4et

Expert Member
Centurion Openserve with Afrihost has been down since about 12ish, service still not restored barely able to do much on my line.
Same here. Boksburg area.
Afrihost on frogfoot.
Woke up with no internet and still down.

Frogfoot Fibre

Frogfoot Fibre Rep
Company Rep
Same here. Boksburg area.
Afrihost on frogfoot.
Woke up with no internet and still down.
Good day. Thank you for your message. Please note that we are experiencing an outage in your area. Please find updates below:
-- Logged to Layer 1 vendor
-- Techs notified
-- ETA 45 min
-- Techs are at the node testing
-- A replacement power meter is on the way ETA 18.00
-- Vendor tested full distance with no fault, the team advised they have to test from the client end.
-- Vendor team and Frogfoot maintenance to meet on site at 2022-05-22 08:00 as site access is restricted after hours.

Further feedback will be provided once we have an update.

e4et

Expert Member
Good day. Thank you for your message. Please note that we are experiencing an outage in your area. Please find updates below:
-- Logged to Layer 1 vendor
-- Techs notified
-- ETA 45 min
-- Techs are at the node testing
-- A replacement power meter is on the way ETA 18.00
-- Vendor tested full distance with no fault, the team advised they have to test from the client end.
-- Vendor team and Frogfoot maintenance to meet on site at 2022-05-22 08:00 as site access is restricted after hours.

Further feedback will be provided once we have an update.
Thanks for the update, hope they can resolve the issue.

AfriNatic

Afrihost Rep
Company Rep
So I've had a weird outage. PON light solid green. Account details correct in the router but PPPoE shows offline. Got on with support yesterday and the line was "audited" and it returned back to normal. Earlier today same thing. The connection just died. Got on the support chat and the guy first said it was the line, then when I tried a Vox account it worked without any problem. So clearly not the line. Then I was told it's not just me and the engineers are aware of the problem and there was nothing that he could do to fix the problem. Anyone else with the same issue?

Hi,

Apologies for the issues experienced.

We had some radius server issues which should be resolved now.