Afrihost - Pure Fibre Feedback Thread

AfriNatic

Afrihost Rep
Company Rep
Twitch unwatchable, Youtube those issues still not sorted, Discord is not great.

Hi,

Sorry for the ongoing issues.

I'm following up with Clear Access again on the status of the upgrades for your complex.

AfriNatic

Afrihost Rep
Company Rep
*** Please note ***

Due to the adverse weather affecting parts of KZN which have cause multiple breaks and outages clients in KZN will experience intermittent connections as we work to manage the available routes and capacity.

Apologies for the issues experienced.

e4et

Expert Member
Good day. Thank you for your message. Please note that we are experiencing an outage in your area. Please find updates below:
-- Logged to Layer 1 vendor
-- Techs notified
-- ETA 45 min
-- Techs are at the node testing
-- A replacement power meter is on the way ETA 18.00
-- Vendor tested full distance with no fault, the team advised they have to test from the client end.
-- Vendor team and Frogfoot maintenance to meet on site at 2022-05-22 08:00 as site access is restricted after hours.

Further feedback will be provided once we have an update.
Hi.
Line is back up, thanks.

Vengeful

Hi,

Sorry for the ongoing issues.

I'm following up with Clear Access again on the status of the upgrades for your complex.
Thanks.

They are really slow to respond. What is worse, no one holds them accountable for their poor service, as a result of monopoly and such. Would love to get them kicked out of the complex.

Gtx Gaming

Gtx Gaming
Just checking you don't have pay th3le R1500 once of fee if you have cpe installed allready? Place seems to have Raycore cpe.
1587fc7684f62264bd35600a8cbf9271.jpg

charlieharper

Expert Member
*** Please note ***

Due to the adverse weather affecting parts of KZN which have cause multiple breaks and outages clients in KZN will experience intermittent connections as we work to manage the available routes and capacity.

Apologies for the issues experienced.
Mostly good today, last night was down for about 5 mins, then a router reboot fixed it.

Netflix, Disney etc works fine, but YouTube seems to be struggling hard.

wingnut771

Honorary Master
You correct I actually it has no power plug nearby or the adpater. I do have adpater from gizzu to go in there, but power is on otherwise. Very weird location to install the cpe
If you can power it on, plug in the router on dynamic mode (or laptop) into LAN 1 and see if it takes you to the vuma landing page? From there you would get your object number.

Gtx Gaming

Gtx Gaming
If you can power it on, plug in the router on dynamic mode (or laptop) into LAN 1 and see if it takes you to the vuma landing page? From there you would get your object number.
Awesome will see if do get chance, a place I'm looking to rent so I if do get approved il tell agent I just want few min to go in and get that info to activate it

Pho3nix

The Legend
Quick q. How would I hopefully get faster access to a website?
Use CloudFlare DNS?
VPN?

Access feels very slow to the site.
traceroute times out also

AfriNatic

Afrihost Rep
Company Rep
Mostly good today, last night was down for about 5 mins, then a router reboot fixed it.

Netflix, Disney etc works fine, but YouTube seems to be struggling hard.

We have been battling with non stop NLD outages between DUR <> JHB.

It's mostly affecting JHB bound traffic and Google in general where Youtube traffic is not served from the KZN cache. International for KZN clients break out from Durban to France so most traffic should be via our peering in Durban or via France/Durban.

We have decided to keep the notices up for now until we reach stability.

Screenshot 2022-05-23 095821.png

Screenshot 2022-05-23 095837.png

AfriNatic

Afrihost Rep
Company Rep
Just checking you don't have pay th3le R1500 once of fee if you have cpe installed allready? Place seems to have Raycore cpe.
1587fc7684f62264bd35600a8cbf9271.jpg

You can signup for a migrate in.

If you don't have a power cord we can log a ticket for that to be replaced.

AfriNatic

Afrihost Rep
Company Rep
Quick q. How would I hopefully get faster access to a website?
Use CloudFlare DNS?
VPN?

Access feels very slow to the site.
traceroute times out also

Not seeing any issues with our DNS.

Can you run a continuous MTR to 169.1.1.1 to see if there is any loss or issues to that IP?

AfriNatic

Afrihost Rep
Company Rep
After an extended power outage we're stuck offline and Whatsapp support is asking me to contact ESKOM TO FIX THE FUCKING INTERNET

Hi,

Sorry for the issues.

We have noticed an outage affecting Centurion and surrounding areas where Openserve clients have no throughput.

We are engaging Openserve on the issue.

AfriNatic

Afrihost Rep
Company Rep
Sounds will do so. Will just power it from my Gizzu power back, should be fine.

Just double check the power rating.

I think the Raycore device have a build in power supply which means it only takes a power cord directly from a plug into the device.