Afrihost Pure VOIP

jmaze

No problem if you run into any snags send me a message I will do my best to help out. :)
Hey, doing the porting authorisation form now - it is asking whether there is an existing DSL line? Not sure what this means?
I currently have a landline number and a fibre package from Telkom...

1602761077041.png

AfriNatic

Afrihost Rep
Staff member
Hey, doing the porting authorisation form now - it is asking whether there is an existing DSL line? Not sure what this means?
I currently have a landline number and a fibre package from Telkom...

View attachment 933013
Just say yes to that or this port might get complicated where the fibre line might need to be cancelled first then the port can be done.

AfriNatic

Afrihost Rep
Staff member
Alright - next question is whether to retain or lose?
View attachment 933037
Lose DSL function. These questions are based on the old analogue where dsl might be active. Since you are cancelling fibre with Telkom and the line and moving everything to us you can select lose DSL functionality.

RocketsRRed

I have a question: if members of a family have VOIP, can we call each other on the service if we all have the same number? Not sure how that works, my brain is having trouble processing it. :unsure:

AfriNatic

Afrihost Rep
Staff member
I have a question: if members of a family have VOIP, can we call each other on the service if we all have the same number? Not sure how that works, my brain is having trouble processing it. :unsure:
Morning,

Unfortunately that won't be possible because everyone will be using the number so you won't be able to phone a specific person. Each member would need to get a Voip account to phone each other.

RocketsRRed

Morning,

Unfortunately that won't be possible because everyone will be using the number so you won't be able to phone a specific person. Each member would need to get a Voip account to phone each other.
OK cool but messaging should be cool right? How is that billed?

jmaze

Lose DSL function. These questions are based on the old analogue where dsl might be active. Since you are cancelling fibre with Telkom and the line and moving everything to us you can select lose DSL functionality.
Hi there

This is the response I've received from your VOIP team

"
Good day ,

I trust you are well :)

Please contact Telkom and inform them to remove the cancellation , as we only able to port the number if the line is active , once the porting has been completed you may cancel the line .

The porting form provided is loose the DSL functionality on the line 021xxxxxxxx, do you have ADSL on 021xxxxxxx?

Please do advise if you need further assistance.

Thanks and take care

Have a great day and please let me know if I can help with anything else!

Warm regards

Prashant
Ticket Details

Ticket ID: CIO-531-39404
Department: Afrihost - VOIP

Not sure what to say? Surely the port will be done before the cancellation occurs on the 15th Nov??
Also not sure about the ADSL part??? Sorry...

AfriNatic

Afrihost Rep
Staff member
Hi there

"
Good day ,

Please contact Telkom and inform them to remove the cancellation , as we only able to port the number if the line is active , once the porting has been completed you may cancel the line .

The porting form provided is loose the DSL functionality on the line 021xxxxxxxx, do you have ADSL on 021xxxxxxx?

Thanks and take care

Warm regards

Prashant
Ticket Details

Not sure what to say? Surely the port will be done before the cancellation occurs on the 15th Nov??
I have reached out to my colleague that sent you the response so I can see what he says. He is in charge of doing the number porting for our voip service.

AfriNatic

Afrihost Rep
Staff member
Hi there

"
Good day ,

Thanks and take care

Warm regards

Prashant
Ticket Details

I spoke to Prashant for the port to go through the account must be active. The port will trigger the cancellation automatically.

jmaze

I spoke to Prashant for the port to go through the account must be active. The port will trigger the cancellation automatically.
thanks - as I’ve said though the account is only timed for being cancelled from 15 Nov.
Does this not mean the account is active until 15 Nov?

richjdavies

...and while you're at it... Maybe someone can proof-read your automatic emails. Lose not Loose surely?
Or maybe they are just adding some slack on the line so it's loose for the cable thieves to pull on!

AfriNatic

Afrihost Rep
Staff member
thanks - as I’ve said though the account is only timed for being cancelled from 15 Nov.
Makes sense but honestly I have never done a port myself so can't confirm 100%. The guy dealing with in that ticket is solely responsible for the porting so maybe you can engage with him on that and if you fail I can ask a manager to step in but I have seen his tick queue and he gets the ports done on a daily basis.

AfriNatic

Afrihost Rep
Staff member
...and while you're at it... Maybe someone can proof-read your automatic emails. Lose not Loose surely?
Or maybe they are just adding some slack on the line so it's loose for the cable thieves to pull on!
Apologies for that spelling error it was typed out by a staff member that made the spelling error.

jmaze

Makes sense but honestly I have never done a port myself so can't confirm 100%. The guy dealing with in that ticket is solely responsible for the porting so maybe you can engage with him on that and if you fail I can ask a manager to step in but I have seen his tick queue and he gets the ports done on a daily basis.
Thanks a lot. I have sent a few email replies already to him but am yet to hear back from Afrihost at all? Please let me know what can be done?

AfriNatic

Afrihost Rep
Staff member
Thanks a lot. I have sent a few email replies already to him but am yet to hear back from Afrihost at all? Please let me know what can be done?
The ticket is Open. They unfortunately do not work on weekends so they will attend to all the tickets today. Apologies for the delay.

thehuman

Expert Member
It could be that if there is a active order ( cancellation in this case) any new orders cannot be processed.

Maybe afrihost can get the port going asap , would think 30 day cancellation will start from date of port.