Afrihost Pure VOIP

tkbaby

so it is an issue somehow on the router. Here is why I think that. My Afrihost router connects to the ONT. I then link the router up to my switch and it "feeds" internet to the network that way. Initially I just plugged the phone in to a wall box and it was great. I then realised my phone won't work during a power failure as the switch is not UPS connected, but my router is. So the same day I connected the phone directly to the Afrihost router.

All was fine until today. I now plugged it back in to the wall box and it connected. So there is an issue there, my network knowledge is not enough to figure out what caused the issue all of a sudden and how to fix it.

Any ideas? I'm thinking somehow relating to the gateway or DNS settings.

AfriNatic

Afrihost Rep
Staff member
so it is an issue somehow on the router. Here is why I think that. My Afrihost router connects to the ONT. I then link the router up to my switch and it "feeds" internet to the network that way. Initially I just plugged the phone in to a wall box and it was great. I then realised my phone won't work during a power failure as the switch is not UPS connected, but my router is. So the same day I connected the phone directly to the Afrihost router.

All was fine until today. I now plugged it back in to the wall box and it connected. So there is an issue there, my network knowledge is not enough to figure out what caused the issue all of a sudden and how to fix it.

Any ideas? I'm thinking somehow relating to the gateway or DNS settings.

Do you have a D-link or Huawei?

AfriNatic

Afrihost Rep
Staff member

Yes something is off because you are not supposed to get a 102. ip on the Yealink you are supposed to get the router as the gateway (192.168.0.1) and a random IP address in the 192.168.0.2 - 192.168.0.100 range.

Some reason the d-link leaked your Yealink mac address to our DHCP server.

Un plug it and plug it back in to see if the dlink gives it an IP address.

tkbaby

Is there nothing something I can set up on the router to fix this?

AfriNatic

Afrihost Rep
Staff member
I did reboot phone and router earlier.

Do you have a switch between it and the router because the switch might be causing that or the D-Link keeps leaking the mac address through so you might need to reset the router or check for the latest firmware update to see if that resolved.

tkbaby

I have sorted it.

I saw in the router configurations LAN Port 2 was bridged with WAN. So I think that's why it was getting the 102 IP. Unbridged it and it connected.

Thanks for your Sunday morning assistance.

EDIT: Or other way around, who knows :) NOT ME

AfriNatic

Afrihost Rep
Staff member
I have sorted it.

I saw in the router configurations LAN Port 2 was bridged with WAN. So I think that's why it was getting the 102 IP. Unbridged it and it connected.

Thanks for your Sunday morning assistance.

Awesome! ;)

SpoonSpatula

Hi all. I'm hoping someone might be able to help out with the voicemail.

I signed up for the VOIP service this week (using a Yealink phone) - but I can't seem to find the setting that determines the time/amount of rings before it goes to voicemail. At the moment it seems to switch over after only 5 rings / +-12 seconds.

Also, is there a way to completely disable voicemail?

Last edited:

AfriNatic

Afrihost Rep
Staff member

I signed up for the VOIP service this week (using a Yealink phone) - but I can't seem to find the setting that determines the time/amount of rings before it goes to voicemail. At the moment it seems to switch over after only 5 rings / +-12 seconds.

12 seconds seem a bit low. Can you send me a private message with your voip number for me to have a look at what duration it is set and if you wish to change that let me know.

Ivork

Expert Member

I had the same problem with Axxess. They have to set it on their side.
None of the ring settings or timeouts on your device make any difference (mine is a Grandstream ATA)

AfriNatic

Afrihost Rep
Staff member
I had the same problem with Axxess. They have to set it on their side.
None of the ring settings or timeouts on your device make any difference (mine is a Grandstream ATA)

We use the same Voip provider as Axxess and we would need to change the settings from our side.

SpoonSpatula

Thanks AfriNatic, Ivork. It felt like I was going crazy after combing through all the settings on the phone and not finding any obvious option to change!

bigtangonovember

@AfriNatic, can you disable my VoIP voicemail as well please? Was being driven mental trying to find a setting to disable it, then came across this thread. Thank you.

AfriNatic

Afrihost Rep
Staff member
@AfriNatic, can you disable my VoIP voicemail as well please? Was being driven mental trying to find a setting to disable it, then came across this thread. Thank you.

Hi,

Yes I can assist with that. Please send me a private message with your clientzone email and I can have that removed for you. :)

CrzyCrg

Hi, just wanted to find out how the caller ID works on your service? The Yealink phone asks you to add a plain text caller ID for outgoing calls, but it doesn't display when making calls.

Thanks!