Afrihost Rain cancellation fee

Sparky_za

Expert Member
So after cancelling my month to month connection as a result of the terrible speeds experienced lately, I got hit with a R999 cancellation fee. Did I just miss this in the sign up, or do I have a case to have this fee waived because of the issues being experienced with the service lately?

Tman*

Expert Member
So after cancelling my month to month connection as a result of the terrible speeds experienced lately, I got hit with a R999 cancellation fee. Did I just miss this in the sign up, or do I have a case to have this fee waived because of the issues being experienced with the service lately?
AFAIK you liable to pay that, if you cancel within 6 months. It's for the "free" router

Sparky_za

Expert Member
AFAIK you liable to pay that, if you cancel within 6 months. It's for the "free" router
If it's for the router, I actually have no issue with that and it's to be expected.

But the response I received from the Afrihost helpdesk was quoted

"Your are liable for the cancellation fee .
It is stated on our Terms and Conditions ."

with no indication of what it is for or why. So I didn't want to be in a situation where they charge me the R999 and then still charge me for the router.

Sparky_za

Expert Member
I really should add, it's amazing how friendly the sales staff are, but when it comes to a cancellation you're treated like the scum of the earth.

Gbird

Then you must try getting support from MWEB on Rain products, it is non-existent. I would strongly advise everybody, never sign up through Mweb, you will not ever get support.

ArtyLoop

Expert Member
Another day, business in SA remains the same.. Customer is considered a resource to be exploited.

phly

If I may throw this out there - which is currently best player or ISP to go with if one wants to get Rain Fixed LTE? They all seem to have one issue or the other.

Trying to help a friend sign up for the service.

CataclysmZA

Expert Member
All of Rain's partners have this provision, with the exception of Vox. Vox says the first six months are free, but to qualify you have to stay with them for six months following that, so it's essentially a year-long contract. Everyone else has the same R999 cancellation fee for a SIM only package, or up to R1,500 for a router + SIM package.

"Best" is tough to call at this point. None of them are really differentiating themselves. Only Afrihost with the Double Data thing might be a good fit for most.

phly

the double data is not even available anymore - perhaps the rollover data aspect of things is the only plus - Thanks [MENTION=91196]CataclysmZA[/MENTION]

phly

That's weird, because it's quite prominently featured on their Afrihost Plus landing page.
Ah my apologies - seemed to have picked up the miscommunication bug that has been affecting Rain and sendr and anyone caught in between. You are referring to their standard Afrihost plus which doubles your data for R108 monthly but sadly does not feature in the case of Fixed LTE. I was referring to the double data promo they had back in November last year where if you signed up for say 25gb fixed LTE data from Rain you got that data doubled to 50gb.