Afrihost Rollover Data (Rain Fixed LTE)

phly

Is it just on my end or does the afrihost mobile app dashboard not show rollover data used ? Afrihost did something right by having rollover data get used first and then the monthly allocation however now the dashboard just shows data getting depleted but one cannot see or gauge how much data they have used in a day as it were previously.

It's not a train smash but it would be cool to see data used as opposed to being greeted by a "currently unavailable" message.

werny

Expert Member
It has been like that for almost two months already... No explanation from them.

Oh well, it's Afrihost so don't expect much action.

Its not just you, and its not just the rollover data. Last month I was unable to view my usage as well. I have been using the RAIN LTE sim with unlimited data for the past month. Now that it has ended, I swapped my fixed LTE sim back in. Once again I am unable to view any usage. Its not only on the app, even on the clientzone webpage, shows that usage stats are unavailable.

phly

Sigh.. I guess we just gotta deal with the hand we are dealt with- I too switched from mobile sim to fixed LTE one in the interim until month end when i will consider getting the mobile bolt on package. I have an app on my pc to monitor usage but this works on the said pc only. No telling if any other devices like phones or tablets are guzzling more data. Oh well. It is what it is. Maybe [MENTION=192591]AfriMan[/MENTION] will see this and make miracles happen somehow with regards to being able to view usage of used Fixed LTE data

namzsteve

Expert Member
Cancelled my Fixed LTE subscription, 8 months into it, and this morning I received an invoice with R999 cancellation fee.

Nothing new from Afrihost actually, they have a client base and have slacked quite a bit.

Last edited:

phly

Cancelled my Fixed LTE subscription, 8 months into it, and this morning I received an invoice with R999 cancellation fee.

Nothing new from Afrihost actually, they have a client base and have slacked quite a bit.
Ouch - Is it in their T&C's and is cancellation fee not waived off after you have been with them for 6 months?

MavChat

Afrihost does not monitor the usage as they do with their ADSL, Fibre or Mobile data as the aforementioned services are run on their own network whereas the Fixed wireless is run on Rain's own network, that is why it says Wireless Business Solutions (Pty) Ltd in the speedtests and not Afrihost ISP.

Rain's API updates the Afrihost system with incremental balance updates which is what you see in the Afrihost Clientzone.