Afrihost stole R999.00 after denying my claim their website made an error.

Robinm_za

I attempted a migration from RAIN to Cell C. Had RAIN for almost a year.

Wizard competed. I later receive a RAIN SIM instead of a Cell C SIM. Spoke to the support guy. He said they sent me a RAIN SIM because I don't have Cell C coverage. I do. I checked with Cell C. (Proof is here guys, check the voice recording)

I Made sure I wasn't going to get billed for 2 accounts. Would stick it out for another month since I'd lost 33Gig rollover and then finally cancelled at end of November after being on RAIN for 1 year.

Account manager refers to fixed wireless person. They say I never did a migration, They say I started a new account so have deducted R999.00 (stole) - Essentially implying I made the migration story up.

I most definitely did follow a migration wizard. No sane person would cancel a RAIN account with 33 Gig rollover for a new RAIN account with 17Gig "free"

Afrihost close the case. Pay the 999.00 and don't bother us again.

Below is the response from Wendy:

"As per our conversation earlier I have checked with the fixed wireless manager and he confirmed that unfortunately you are liable for the cancellation fee of R999. The notes on your account show that a new sign up was done and not a migration. Neither was it possible that if you had done a migration a RAIN sim would have been sent to you."

I most definitely did a migration. Logic is in my favour here.

Anyone on here know how I can fight this? ICASA say it is not their jurisdiction.

Last edited:

Robinm_za

It was credit card. Card company say I must take it up with Afrihost. They won't reverse. If it were debit card or Stop Order I would have had that option. Plus I can't lay a claim of fraud because I have dealt with Afrihost before

Last edited:

ToxicBunny

Honorary Master
It was credit card. Card company say I must take it up with Afrihost. They won't reverse. If it were debit card or Stop Order I would have had that option. Plus I can't lay a claim of fraud because I have dealt with Afrihost before
Tell the bank to get their head out of their arse.. You requested the charge reversal because afrihost have taken money they were not entitled to..