• You are not registered on MyBroadband, which means you miss out on great benefits. To join our community is very easy, and completely free. Register now.
  • New Two-Day Giveaway - Enter Here

Afrihost - We are very cross with you

AfriMan

Afrihost Representative
Company Rep
Still no resolving happening.
You were called twice last night and the guy you spoke to last night told you this could only be resolved today. We've tried to contact you again this morning.

It's not humanly possible to assist you more than we are, honestly. :(

AfriMan

Afrihost Representative
Company Rep
You are missing the point entirely

Afrihost customers should have the right to see what other people go through.
I think that's for them to decide. If you're bombarding the platform and every channel, it's kinda like you're deciding for them. And if I was a client who is trying to be heard above that noise, I wouldn't be too happy - which some of our clients have expressed.

Have your say, by all means, but then let's have a conversation.

Salt

Expert Member
That's pretty strange, you should definitely receive the replies directly in your inbox. Can you PM so we can take a look?
I have sent a HELP sms for a call back...none received after 3 days. I've sent 2 emails to one of your support guys (have his name), no feedback since 3 days ago. When I call the on your website and select sales, I first get told I am number 2 in the queue, then get told I am number 2x. Your 'online help' has not worked in the past week..there is NEVER anyone available to help. WHAT IS GOING ON AT AFRIHOST SIR??? I am just trying to get some info with regards to a new service!?

AfriMan

Afrihost Representative
Company Rep
I have sent a HELP sms for a call back...none received after 3 days. I've sent 2 emails to one of your support guys (have his name), no feedback since 3 days ago. When I call the on your website and select sales, I first get told I am number 2 in the queue, then get told I am number 2x. Your 'online help' has not worked in the past week..there is NEVER anyone available to help. WHAT IS GOING ON AT AFRIHOST SIR??? I am just trying to get some info with regards to a new service!?
That's pretty horrible, I am sorry about that. Drop me a PM and I'll answer any questions you have or have a sales consultant give you a call ASAP.

3rds

So I had a similar issue, this thread/ forum didnt resolve it, nor did any calls to support, nor did any facebook posts. I went into their office and demanded a solution, I was assisted by a gentleman named Khutso. He finally found the fault on their side and managed to resolve.

Problem is all these contacts are willing to listen but not understand. They make their own assumptions and thus can never resolve the issue. Afrihost its simple, stop being so arrogant, listen to your clients and understand what is being said.

RedViking

Honorary Master
So I had a similar issue, this thread/ forum didnt resolve it, nor did any calls to support, nor did any facebook posts. I went into their office and demanded a solution, I was assisted by a gentleman named Khutso. He finally found the fault on their side and managed to resolve.

Problem is all these contacts are willing to listen but not understand. They make their own assumptions and thus can never resolve the issue. Afrihost its simple, stop being so arrogant, listen to your clients and understand what is being said.
I agree with you depending on the circumstances and how well you explain the citiation. I have an issue with my line throgh another ISP. ISP sends me to Telkom, Telkom comes out and sends me to the ISP. The problem will never get resolved as none of the parties will ever 'waist' time to find a solution. The one blames the other, and it goes back and forth. The client is caught in the middle.

My only option now is to literally move to a place where there is an alternative. The problem with these ISP's is (specially in the case of ADSL which gets 'managed' by telkom), they all work from behind a computer, if problem cannot be found on the screen in front of them, then there is no solution or it is left for another company to solve. I wish service providers had their own professional technicians who could go out and investigate.

vega.eu

Haha so true lol just go to mobile support and ask the person to help with your query they have the same access... for example when I phone a bank or telkom I always select the business option... much quicker although I used to have telkom business.

chrisc

Executive Member
Afrihost used to be so good - that was in 2012. It is a nuisance changing ISPs but after being messed about (queries ignored or closed without any answer and non-receipt of a RAIN router which I paid for) I decided to close the account

Am still awaiting refund of R999 paid, but its only been a week

DreamKing

Executive Member
If you keep communicating with us in that manner, we are going to have to block you from other platforms. We get that you want to get the issue resolved, but it can't be at the expense of other clients. I'm pleading with you not to go that route.

I strongly urge you to let the team do their job, and limit yourself to one channel of communication.
as a company, how possible you will block someone to make a complaint?
so you think you finished the complainant off and then the problem will be resolved automatically?

pathetic

DreamKing

Executive Member
I think that's for them to decide. If you're bombarding the platform and every channel, it's kinda like you're deciding for them. And if I was a client who is trying to be heard above that noise, I wouldn't be too happy - which some of our clients have expressed.

Have your say, by all means, but then let's have a conversation.
you have to understand the person why he is so unhappy about the service he received. that is not an excuse to block any person in any circumstance except he is to target you with purpose. (eg discrediting the company with no fact)

RedViking

Honorary Master
you have to understand the person why he is so unhappy about the service he received. that is not an excuse to block any person in any circumstance except he is to target you with purpose. (eg discrediting the company with no fact)
Except in this case there was people who was trying to help the person but he refused to get help. He just wanted to throw a tantrum and make a noise. There are some people you just can't satisfy. People like him make it difficult for others with issues to be assisted.

Thor

Honorary Master
Except in this case there was people who was trying to help the person but he refused to get help. He just wanted to throw a tantrum and make a noise. There are some people you just can't satisfy. People like him make it difficult for others with issues to be assisted.
Utterly untrue.

RedViking

Honorary Master
Utterly untrue.
Shame. There you go again....

https://mybroadband.co.za/vb/showthread.php/914793-Afrihost-We-are-very-cross-with-you/page2

https://mybroadband.co.za/vb/showthread.php/914793-Afrihost-We-are-very-cross-with-you/page3

https://mybroadband.co.za/vb/showthread.php/914793-Afrihost-We-are-very-cross-with-you/page4

For anyone who saw OP's question and had the same issue, they had to go through your whole childish breakdown, and would probably also miss the response from the helpdesk. Don't be so selfish.

Last edited:

Thor

Honorary Master
I only received help after that I had to wait over 50 hours to get a ticket response.

The fault was on their end as admitted by Afriguy and then reaffirmed over the call. I have the recordings.

Also you conviniently left out 48 posts prior to that.

RedViking

Honorary Master
I only received help after that I had to wait over 50 hours to get a ticket response.

The fault was on their end as admitted by Afriguy and then reaffirmed over the call. I have the recordings.

Also you conviniently left out 48 posts prior to that.
Someone was trying to help you, your attitude was ridiculous. I take my hat of to the Afrihost dude that was trying to help you, and how he managed to stay so 'calm'.