AFRIHOST - Why did you even register as a company?

Necuno

Court Jester
So,
I applied for a afrihost 1gb account last year, which fell through the carpet, since i did not have the lousy R30 in my bank account in the middle of the month and did not want to link a credit card to the account back then.. 2 days ago i realised that i will be hitting my telkom cap shortly, so i decided to look at what is happening with my afrihost account.. i saw that i was outstanding the R28.00 from way back when.. which i paid straight away with my credit card.. Mark at afrihost then cleared it and re-activated the account.. everything is fine with the account, it gives me a username/password and available bandwidth, but i cannot connect..i have sent through a couple of support emails to try sort this out, but the one person tells me that the account has been suspended, and then mails me 5 seconds later saying that its not.. but i should try reconnect again.. i have spent the past 2 hours trying various "ways" of connecting, and nothing seems to work.. not one of the people at afrihost has got a clue about what is wrong, and i know i am not doing anything wrong. I am just very annoyed at the poor service and incompetence level :mad:i received from afrihost and would never suggest anybody use this service.. i would also rather just take out the couple of extra rands and use a different isp.
Update: this after 2 hours of crap..
Thank you for the email.

I see that your authentication is still being rejected. I am referring the matter to our sysadmin for investigation.

Thank you. :)

Have a great day & please feel free to let me know if I can be of further assistance.

Warm regards.

Edward

WARM REGARDS?!? WTF... i would kill you if i was face to face with you...:mad::mad:

whoops still in the cache :D

http://webcache.googleusercontent.c...RIHOST-Why-did-you-even-register-as-a-company

fragtion

Expert Member
I would also intelligently steam myself up hard enough to cause an artery haemorrhage on my own brain, ready to murder someone AFTER they kindly correct a mistake they made from a measly R30 of my money [/sarcasm]

JIMMYtheSKULL

Expert Member
I would also intelligently steam myself up hard enough to cause an artery haemorrhage on my own brain, ready to murder someone AFTER they kindly correct a mistake they made from a measly R30 of my money [/sarcasm]

happens every day in south africa where have you been fragtion_ ?

Sting

Ghost in the Machine
MDK* for R28 ?

/for the non-gamers... "Murder Death Kill"

Necuno

Court Jester

he needs to stick to what he said without quickly deleting it afterwards or at least think it through before hitting the post button. will link the cached post with all the n00bs who think they can come here and spit their dribble then quickly afterwards edit and save as "deleted".