Afrihost will buy majority stake in Cool Ideas

RedViking

Nord of the South
Any recommendations for another smallish fibre company that gives good service and where you are not just a number in their ticket system. I want to get out before the popo hits the fan. Have been through it with Afrihost (who eventually stabalised, but has never been the same again), and do not want to go through it again.

Suggestions are welcome.

saor

Honorary Master
Any recommendations for another smallish fibre company that gives good service and where you are not just a number in their ticket system. I want to get out before the popo hits the fan. Have been through it with Afrihost (who eventually stabalised, but has never been the same again), and do not want to go through it again.

Suggestions are welcome.
Chill Chicken Little.

AfriNatic

Afrihost Rep
Staff member

Suggestions are welcome.

I'm sorry you feel this way.

As mentioned Afrihost and Cool Ideas will run as separate entities. It's exciting news as this will take both the Cool Ideas and Afrihost brands to new heights.

Enzo Matrix

Honorary Master
I'm sorry you feel this way.

As mentioned Afrihost and Cool Ideas will run as separate entities. It's exciting news as this will take both the Cool Ideas and Afrihost brands to new heights.
Yeah im aware of what afrihost thinks are good service levels. I will be cancelling

STORMERSFAN

Expert Member

Suggestions are welcome.
Mind the speed...although I'm also a fan of afrihost..

RedViking

Nord of the South
It should really, really bother you that people are this unhappy that you might infect Cool Ideas with your crappy service. Perhaps you should be focussing on fixing your own issues.
Hasn't their service improved though? They had a rough start at some point but managed to slowly get it back on track. Their support though is typical that you would expect of a big corporate though, felt like I was talking to some offshore support and had to repeat stuff that was already said in the ticket and received questions that was already answered. So I decided to go with Cool Ideas as they were a smaller company and could give better attention and support on a more "personal" level.

I am probably overreacting and should chill a bit, but I am not looking forward to become just a number again.

I am happy for Gian Visser, he has scored well in this one though.

TheRoDent

Cool Ideas Rep
Oh god.. As long as coolideas have control over the service as it is atm then it will be ok but I somehow doubt that. Afrihost acquiring ISP's lead to them turning that side of the business into Afrihost2.0 which would be twice as bad.

I have this nagging feeling that a 2 or 3 months after this comes into effect I will be browsing for a new ISP purely out of survival.
We will do everything independently as we always have...

We may have some better network leverage, which is good for ourselves, and our clients, but the way we do things won't change...

You will see me and @PBCool here until we're gray...

Edit: starting to gray already....

DYreX146

Suggestions are welcome.
From what I've seen, Web sQuad. They have a support thread on the forum that you can check out if you want.