'Afrikaners dominate rugby due to genetics'

semiautomatix

Honorary Master
I think its a fair call. I am not from Afrikaans stock, but would vehemently agree.

I'm glad they mentioned the Maoris (and islanders) in the article because that would have been my justification. For a bunch of boys on those island who grow up eating fish, they're sure make 'em big.

Then again, look at Sebastion Chabal - what on earth did they feed him? And he's plain old "vanilla" French.

lsuacner

Expert Member
100m is dominated by African Americans. There is always 1 or 2 athletes from Sweden or somewhere which end up last and pink. lol.

Freshy-ZN

Executive Member
Its not rubbish. Its statistics. I've recently had this discussion with a well known sporting journalist/editor who is researching this.

One example is this: (I might have the figures a bit wrong but you will get the idea)
Black South African population - 35-40 Million. white South African population 4-5 million. Number of blacks who are 6'1" tall and over 90Kgs less than 30 000(ideal player stats) while theres over 40 000 whites who fit that bill. Add in the rugby culture, early start at training and nutrition and it becomes clear that racial quotas based on total population is nonsense.

Freshy-ZN

Executive Member
Where the hell did Killadoobs post go? My reply to it makes no sense now!

Franna

Expert Member
Also think about this: name one black cyclist that has competed in the Tour de France. Will the SA cyclist federation also impose quotas for team Barloworld in next years race?

tibby.dude

Executive Member
I don't know why it is, but it is a fact that the Afrikaner cultural group just seems to produce some freakishly built people with a freakish genetic make-up.
A bunch of freaks ;).

Gothan

Expert Member
I'm gonna let the secret ingredient out of the bag: "Miliepap!!!!!". And of course "kaaings en pap".

Think what the author failed to mention, is the high rate of heart attacks amongst afrikaans males. Its all in the food buddy!!

Xarog

Honorary Master
I'm gonna let the secret ingredient out of the bag: "Miliepap!!!!!". And of course "kaaings en pap".

Think what the author failed to mention, is the high rate of heart attacks amongst afrikaans males. Its all in the food buddy!!
Yeah, not so much. Last I checked, the mieliepap was more of a staple food for black people rather than white people.

The dutch are, on average, among the tallest people in the world. I would say it's safe to say that the majority of the Afrikaner gene pool is based on Dutch ancestry, which is why your average Afrikaner is more likely to be good rugby material.

NoADSLyet

Expert Member
Yeah, not so much. Last I checked, the mieliepap was more of a staple food for black people rather than white people.

The dutch are, on average, among the tallest people in the world. I would say it's safe to say that the majority of the Afrikaner gene pool is based on Dutch ancestry, which is why your average Afrikaner is more likely to be good rugby material.
So Stofile will have to import Dutch immigrants to spread their genes in the new South Africa to enable the Quota system to flourish in future, Cool! :D

Gothan

Expert Member
Yip, I know, was just poking fun at the ol saying about the afrikaner and he's mieliepap.

But I do think it has something to do with the diet. IMHO, from where I grew up, afrikaners were never really into the whole fast food thing, we did do it, but I grew up in an era where potch did not even have a pizza place, and lots of afrikaner value is placed and good eating, lots of red meat. Dont know if its still continuing like that, like I said, that was awhile back, and I also think that a lot of afrikaners still come from a rural environment, and you get big okes there

neio

Banned
Lol, love the way he uses "Freakish genetics" to make black people feel better.

Omac

Expert Member
Yeah! and the Dutch play a mean game of rugby! :D:p

I hate rugby :)
That's your problem! :p

semiautomatix

Honorary Master
Ha! This sorts out my "Chabal Conundrum"! Many Afrikaners have an inkling of French blood in their makeup (not to mention the surnames to back it up). Combine that with Dutch genes and you get Bakkies... :D