After 27 years Bill and Melinda Gates divorce

Chris

MyBroadband
Staff member
Super Moderator
After 27 years Bill and Melinda Gates divorce

Bill and Melinda Gates, who for decades have overseen one of history’s greatest fortunes and philanthropic operations, said they plan to divorce.

The announcement Monday that the couple is splitting after 27 years of marriage has the power to ripple through the technology industry, a vast portfolio of business and real estate holdings and into the realms of global health, climate change policy and social issues including equality for women.

The pair, who command an estimated $146 billion, according to the Bloomberg Billionaires Index, made no public hint of their financial plans, though they emphasized that they will cooperate on continuing their philanthropy.

[Bloomberg]

cpu.

Expert Member

Gordon_R

Honorary Master

Already posted in the News forum. Expect multiple threads incoming...

The_MAC

Executive Member
I have heard of quite a few cases (even in my personal circles) where people are getting divorced after quite long marriages, 20-30 years+

Is it the pandemic and associated lock-downs that are pushing people over the edge..

eg2505

Honorary Master
I have heard of quite a few cases (even in my personal circles) where people are getting divorced after quite long marriages, 20-30 years+

Is it the pandemic and associated lock-downs that are pushing people over the edge..
wonder what some smart doctors are going to call this phenomenon?

covidivcriis? covid crisis?

The Light Green Hornet

Statistically two thirds of all marriages end in divorce. Studies have concluded that of the remaining third around half were marriages of convenience ie didn't want to seperate because of the children, couldn't survive financially alone etc etc. This means only around 15% folks made good choices / are happily married Not good odds. Now Bill's lawyers get to make lots of money.

The_MAC

Executive Member
Statistically two thirds of all marriages end in divorce. Studies have concluded that of the remaining third around half were marriages of convenience ie didn't want to seperate because of the children, couldn't survive financially alone etc etc. This means only around 15% folks made good choices / are happily married Not good odds. Now Bill's lawyers get to make lots of money.
Sad statistic IMHO

grok

Honorary Master
Maybe he wanted to exterminate 80% of the globe's population to save the world and she didn't?

The divorce courts are full of this kinda stuff..