After the lockdown is lifted, would you still like to work from home?

• Yes

Votes: 122 59.8%
  • No

Votes: 45 22.1%
  • I usually work from home

Votes: 37 18.1%

• Total voters

rpm

Admin
Staff member

Lupus

Honorary Master
Yeah I'd like 2 days a week maybe 3 if possible, but will see what the powers that be say. They were initially against working from home, as how do they overwatch you, while my head of department was all for it, he was dictated from the top.

krycor

Honorary Master
Yeah I'd like 2 days a week maybe 3 if possible, but will see what the powers that be say. They were initially against working from home, as how do they overwatch you, while my head of department was all for it, he was dictated from the top.

Yea alternate week like that will be awesome. Ie Mon, Wed, Fri.. then Tues, Thurs following week.

Lupus

Honorary Master
Yea alternate week like that will be awesome. Ie Mon, Wed, Fri.. then Tues, Thurs following week.
Yup it would be cool, would save me a bit of petrol, though leaving at 5.30 and leaving work at 3pm has made me only use 1 tank a month. It would be nice to make it 1 tank in a month and a half.

geezer

Expert Member
No, in my line of work I have to physically be at the instruments to maintain and calibrate.

grok

Honorary Master
I never wanted to work from home 24/7 but a few days a week will work for me.

Strange that we've been asking for this for years, but SA managers were too obtuse even tho I've worked remotely on projects in 2003/4 in the UK already.
I guess it shows how far behind European curve we are..

Ecko_1

I wouldn't mind a few days a week from home, depending on what i am working on and what meetings are scheduled.

Drifter

Honorary Master
Exactly in the same boat. This might change now though, maybe the only good thing to come out of this LD.

Toxxyc

Executive Member
1 Day a week would be nice. 2 Days would be nicer. 3 Days would be great, 4 days, awesome and 5 days, king.

Krilliano

Yes, 2/3 days per week would be great. Got Fibre just before the lockdown so now no data bundle worries when working from home.