After the lockdown is lifted, would you still like to work from home?

After the lockdown is lifted, would you still like to work from home?

• Yes

Votes: 122 59.8%
  • No

Votes: 45 22.1%
  • I usually work from home

Votes: 37 18.1%

• Total voters

r4nd0m

Well apart from the usual unproductive meetings nonsense, I am actually more productive at home because I'm not talking nonsense with my colleagues, including being a part of the usual office distractions.

I'm hoping that after seeing the viability of this, they will allow it. Even if it's 3 out of 5 days.

koeks525

Expert Member
Companies that always shot down the notion of working from home will definitely need to rethink their stance and readiness towards the idea. The CCP virus won't be the only pandemic; there will be others in the future. Perhaps, the next worldwide lockdown won't be virus related.

I would love to work from home at least once or twice a week.

static_sa

Expert Member
I don't want to, however I think I'll have to.

My colleagues are always the reason I get sick.

I recovered from an enlarged heart and afib (23) and I don't feel like dying just yet

Rouxenator

Dank meme lord
Personally I find working from home much better than expected. I get more things done and what really helps is leaving head scratchers for after work when I have relaxed with a glass of wine. Often times I solve issues then that otherwise during the day would just make me feel like I am getting nowhere and wasting time. So I do enjoy working from home.

However - my lifestyle is what made me chose my employer - and I need that morning and afternoon bicycle commute badly. It is pretty much the only excersice I get apart from the odd weekend event and those are all cancelled for the year. So I will go back to the office soon as I can.

Our MD is pretty chill on the matter, we got this email today :
...we did very well to start working from home before the country was locked down, and I think it will serve us well to continue in this fashion for some time after lockdown rules are eased....
....the majority (possibly even all) of you need to please prepare yourselves to continue working from home a while longer - even if restrictions are officially lifted at the end of April.

rorz0r

Executive Member
I've wanted to work from home for a looooong time before corona. I was allowed to wfh 2 days a week for the last few months which has been great. Started full time a week before lockdown and that was ok too. Only problems right now are:
1) Son is home all day, first part of lockdown was essentially his school holiday but now he has to do school work so having to help with that (he's almost finished what he was supposed to do on monday).
2) Wife is also working from home. We share a study so online meetings can be a pain when we both have them, or she's busy shouting at our son etc and I'm on a meeting. She doesn't appreciate my taste in music, we prefer aircon on different temp etc.
3) No maid.
4) Somehow psychologically I feel more bored knowing I can't do anything, so eat more snacks etc and getting fatter.

Ryansr

Expert Member
Most definitely. However people who need constant directions on how to do what and on which time might not like it. Commitment to your duty is key.

justplain

Expert Member
We could work from home one day a week before lockdown. I think that will be extended to 2 days as least after lockdown.
Our entire business has been working from home for 5 weeks now and it hasn't really been a problem.
Effectively we dont need a physical business office.

supersunbird

Honorary Master
What does seem to be an issue from my interactions with some, is that lots of people do not have uncapped internet to use for work from home.

Reactions: air

Orihalcon

Expert Member
We had surveys sent out for new way of working going forward. I suspect that we'll most like have rotational system having between 30% and 50% of staff working from home at any given time. That said some people want to work at the office as well.

I'd not mind working remotely going forward. I'm actually getting better and faster feedback from teams now than before. It's wonderful.

minkukel

Expert Member
I realised this week the people that need to spoon fed and hand held to do their job hates working from home. Now everything is in e-mail or voice-recording (yes I do CMA). The worst excuse was: "I forgot my notebook at the office".