Age Of Empires IV

Herr der Verboten

Honorary Master
Maybe I need a 4K screen coz in FHD everything was too big on the screen, even after zooming all the way out, I still play Age Of Empires II every single week, and have been for over 20 years
Maybe sit a little bit further away than your crt-imax experience?

Herr der Verboten

Honorary Master
Space is tight in my lounge with my 60 empty black label quarts cases :(
Maybe I should return some of them to the bottle store soon
I've started on Humankind. Seems to be just right for me for these types of games without trying to teach and having myself maintaining hundreds for things. Well, that is what warhammer total war II feels like.

Pineapple Smurf

Pineapple Beer Connoisseur
I must save up for a lekker 4k monitor, under 30 inches in size.
I want fast FPS as well but even 75Hz will be awesome

My Samsung 24" FHD is getting very old now, Ive had it for 12 years.

Don't really wanna go over R6k on budget

grok

Honorary Master
I received a 'Your CPU needs to support AVX instructions to run this game' error on my old PC, then tried to get a refund for the huge download but got a 'Promotional products cannot be refunded' msg on steam support.

I know.. but I'm still pissed that the whole fandam bought AoE II Definitive Edition to LAN (WAN lol!) but 2 of us cannot play online since we experience the slow down bug that still hasn't been fixed despite our hardware exceeding min requirement.

MS developers are like the ANC, all smart suits & good story to tell when they want your money, but quite incompetent & dishonest when it comes to delivery.

Herr der Verboten

Honorary Master
I received a 'Your CPU needs to support AVX instructions to run this game' error on my old PC, then tried to get a refund for the huge download but got a 'Promotional products cannot be refunded' msg on steam support.

I know.. but I'm still pissed that the whole fandam bought AoE II Definitive Edition to LAN (WAN lol!) but 2 of us cannot play online since we experience the slow down bug that still hasn't been fixed despite our hardware exceeding min requirement.

MS developers are like the ANC, all smart suits & good story to tell when they want your money, but quite incompetent & dishonest when it comes to delivery.
When can we expect your RTS?

[XC] Oj101

Dealer
Maybe I need a 4K screen coz in FHD everything was too big on the screen, even after zooming all the way out, I still play Age Of Empires II every single week, and have been for over 20 years
AOE2 to AOE3 was a very difficult transition for me because of that. I think it might be more zoomed in on the newer games as they want you to see all the detail.

cavedog

Honorary Master
I think I'm quite excited for the release. I like it. I see people saying the detail on the units is lacking a bit but not sure about that.

This tech test was 20GB but the pre load so long is 98GB in size so will be interesting to see what is included and released in the full game.

Pineapple Smurf

I think I'm quite excited for the release. I like it. I see people saying the detail on the units is lacking a bit but not sure about that.

This tech test was 20GB but the pre load so long is 98GB in size so will be interesting to see what is included and released in the full game.

Agree
This AOE4 is a stress test for their servers
Otherwise, they would have included standalone options for this beta game and they didn't do that.

Polymathic

Honorary Master
Only 8 Civs at launch
  • English.
  • Mongols.
  • Chinese.
  • Delhi Sultanate.
  • Abbasid Dynasty.
  • French.
  • Holy Roman Empire.
  • Rus.
Hopefully they expand the number civs with free DLC.

Pineapple Smurf

Only 8 Civs at launch
  • English.
  • Mongols.
  • Chinese.
  • Delhi Sultanate.
  • Abbasid Dynasty.
  • French.
  • Holy Roman Empire.
  • Rus.
Hopefully they expand the number civs with free DLC.
I was playing the English last night and got annoyed after a few hours of their stupid accent every time you clicked on someone. Can't even tell what language they're talking

GreatWmR

Expert Member
Wish I could've tried the single player, I couldn't commit to a few hours long online game this weekend :(

Last edited:

Pineapple Smurf

Wish I could've tried the single player, I couldn't commit to a few hours long online game this weekend :(
There is no single-player option, that's what I would have wanted
I think the stress test was for the multiplayer options hence them releasing this beta thingy for everyone to try before the game goes live.
Just a hunch