Age Of Empires IV

Nirv

Don't know if it's been posted here before, but there is a whole historical documentary with a few clips up already being launched alongside the game:

VooDooC

Expert Member
Would have loved to try this out today, but no, city power had other ideas for me.

StoneCold

Expert Member
Having a blast so far, doubt I'll do the single player any time soon, mainly just skirmish and multiplayer (with some mp vs AI for me too). But I have to say the "Art of War" training missions are quite challenging to get gold. The best I can muster for the first economy one is 5:45, lol.

But it's addictive and I have tried like 6 times now already, but must do some work now first before trying to get that elusive gold medal :D

There really is a lot to do and accomplish, I see each race has their own masteries that you can earn / obtain with challenges also along the way. Its very relaxing to play too and can see myself playing this when I just want to have a chill out session.

etienne_marais

Honorary Master
I see in the videos @ponder posted they use 720p, I was hoping to enjoy 4K. The work's laptop is a Radeon 530, I suppose I will have to play 720p too ?

genetic

Honorary Master
All the reviews say it didn't live up to the hype Microsoft created, with graphics from 2010. But I see it's on Game Pass, so definitely gonna try it out.

AntennaMan

Expert Member
The graphics are OK, nothing special. The gameplay is decent.
I'm currently doing the Norman campaign, and I must say I'm enjoying the history and factoid video's between missions. They did a lot of work in that department. But maybe it's just because I'm a bit of a history nerd.

SYNERGY

Executive Member
The graphics are OK, nothing special. The gameplay is decent.
I'm currently doing the Norman campaign, and I must say I'm enjoying the history and factoid video's between missions. They did a lot of work in that department. But maybe it's just because I'm a bit of a history nerd.

The video's are extremely well done. I really like the soldier overlay on real life locations.
The game uses 100% GPU - 2070 Super. Everything on high.

genetic

Honorary Master
The video's are extremely well done. I really like the soldier overlay on real life locations.
The game uses 100% GPU - 2070 Super. Everything on high.

The video production quality and history story elements are so well done!

Wish the graphics were a bit better though... Enabling HDR does make it look better with highlights popping, and gameplay is silky smooth, but there is more left to be desired in the graphics department.