• You are not registered on MyBroadband, which means you miss out on great benefits. To join our community is very easy, and completely free. Register now.
  • New Two-Day Giveaway - Enter Here

Airplane crash in Pretoria East

Gordon_R

Expert Member
Rovos also had a Convair CV-440 (ZS-ARV) that was restored and sold to the ozzies, maybe the pilots were involved in that project as well.
I did read that, and it is quite likely the same pilots. There are probably very few left who are qualified to fly that kind of aircraft.

ponder

Honorary Master
I did read that, and it is quite likely the same pilots. There are probably very few left who are qualified to fly that kind of aircraft.
ZS-ARV flew all the way from wonderboom to ozzie and performs at air shows over there, no way I would fly that old plane all the way to ozzie :D

Hemi300c

Honorary Master
Test flight with 19 passengers and baggage.
Things don't add up.
Renovated for a museum doesn't meant the inside of the engines were done.

f2wohf

Honorary Master
Video from a passenger:

[video=youtube;_IPW_TrBTpw]https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=172&v=_IPW_TrBTpw[/video]

Geoff.D

Executive Member
The availability of videos of this sort are going to change how the investigators go about their tasks. Live in flight data about the engine. Pretty sure the trained eye will be able to interpret the footage pretty accurately.

Gordon_R

Expert Member
So casual... as if nothing bad's gonna happen...
The narration at 0:55 it sounds like: "Juss, dit gaan bad wees"...

At 0:50 the video graphically shows tanker trucks and factories, all the other kind of things they could have crashed into...

Gamer

Expert Member
The narration at 0:55 it sounds like: "Juss, dit gaan bad wees"...

At 0:50 the video graphically shows tanker trucks and factories, all the other kind of things they could have crashed into...
ja, but at 20 seconds in, "ag nee, low battery". Priorities :crylaugh: