Airport employee suspended after being caught on camera throwing luggage

schumi

Honorary Master
Last edited:

PsYTraNc3

Expert Member
Now you've gone from having a job you clearly take no pride in to no job at all...
Eina

garp

Executive Member
I'm willing to bet the luggage gets treated a LOT worse than that behind the scenes.
Yeah, can you imagine if they're doing that in the public area, what must be going on in the back.

Recently, I was sitting on a plane waiting to push off and watching them offload boxes from the plane next to us. The cartons were clearly marked "Fragile" and "This way up" but the guy was basically just tossing them any which way out of the cargo hold onto a pallet down on the apron a good few metres below him. Nothing fragile in those boxes would have survived intact.

Last edited:

untruly_yours

I remember a video a while back of how Japanese baggage handlers treated passenger luggage with respect and packed everything carefully and neatly.

ambroseg1

Honorary Master
This way of handling the bags is the norm. The public was just ignorant until the video. I guarantee you despite this idiot being "caught", it still happens.

mattrudlles

I've seen this before when we were waiting to disembark. Was too slow to take a photo of it, but I think they realised I was watching and stopped. Infuriating.

eye_suc

Expert Member
What sucks more is when the guys in the back cut your locks off to steal your belongings.

ChilliPepper

Arrived at OR Tambo on 1 January and there were NO luggage trollies in International Arrivals. None. When asked staff lounging around pulled up their shoulders. When finally getting outside all the trollies were standing on the sidewalk. All individuals are Bidvest employees.
IMG_20190101_224839_HHT.jpg

RedViking

Nord of the South
Although it does seem like the employee does not care. It looks almost to me as if there is something wrong with her hands/wrists. You can see her shake her hands after dropping the first two bags.
She is obviously not fit for the job. Fire the manager also.

thestaggy

Honorary Master
I've seen this before when we were waiting to disembark. Was too slow to take a photo of it, but I think they realised I was watching and stopped. Infuriating.
Which means they knew what they were doing and knew it was wrong.

Same caliber of person will then go on strike and burn something for more money.

HBee

Expert Member
She was clearly too weak to lift those suitcases off the conveyor belt and place them on the ground.