Akamai cached sites not going through Axxess local account

wikus

I've tried switching my local and international accounts in Route Sentry so I can access international sites (e.g. NASA website) that are cached through the IS Akamai servers with my local-only account but my requests just time out.

So I basically want to know if anyone has been able to access these international sites with local prepaid SAIX bandwidth purchased from Axxess

TheLoot

NASA is going through my Axxess local just fine :confused:

I'm using Route Sentry with Axxess Local prepaid, normal setup...

elysian

I've tried switching my local and international accounts in Route Sentry so I can access international sites (e.g. NASA website) that are cached through the IS Akamai servers with my local-only account but my requests just time out.

So I basically want to know if anyone has been able to access these international sites with local prepaid SAIX bandwidth purchased from Axxess
I just tried what you did, swithed Axxess accounts in RouteSentry and working fine on local.

LazyLion

King of de Jungle
Ja, it still shows with the little south african flag in my Firefox.

wikus

Route Sentry still won't route Akamai cached websites through my local connection, guess you can't expect support for a free product

TheLoot

Other then NASA are there any other Akamai sites giving you issues?

I'll just say: My setup is Axxess local through local on RS and TelkomInternet through International on Route Sentry and when I go to any of the Akamai sites they go through my Axxess local and like Gary says FlagFox shows the South African flag, so the default Route Sentry config should work.

Have you changed the localroutes.dat file at all?

But seriously, give a short list of sites giving issues and I'll give them a shot :)

wikus

Other then NASA are there any other Akamai sites giving you issues?

I'll just say: My setup is Axxess local through local on RS and TelkomInternet through International on Route Sentry and when I go to any of the Akamai sites they go through my Axxess local and like Gary says FlagFox shows the South African flag, so the default Route Sentry config should work.

Have you changed the localroutes.dat file at all?

But seriously, give a short list of sites giving issues and I'll give them a shot :)
Uhm, all the international sites on this thread go through my Route Sentry international account instead of local