Al-Qaeda fooled the US into invading Iraq

TELESPHORE

Suppose it is just one little tidbit in the Mosaic that led to the war or was it. What makes this person so sure it was his little tattle that caused the war? No I think the person has no basis to support it. Jurno’s would do anything to get a spot on the news.

kilo39

Executive Member
FUD: firstly the story has been endlessly told how western security lacks leads into al-qaida. Why not just fight any war in Afghanistan (countryside that lead to the defeat of the russians, and still their bases on the borders of Pakistan.) There was an Iraqi defector that told stories about WMD. A link as tenuous as this:

"Though he did not name Libi, Mr Powell said "a senior terrorist operative" who "was responsible for one of al-Qaida's training camps in Afghanistan" had told US agencies that Saddam Hussein had offered to train al-Qaida in the use of "chemical or biological weapons".

Is no reason to invade a country.

Syndyre

Honorary Master
Seems like Bush, Cheney etc. were keen to invade Iraq long before this came out. Just because it was used as part of the justification doesn't mean it actually mattered to them.

Aqua_lung

Honorary Master
Suppose it is just one little tidbit in the Mosaic that led to the war or was it. What makes this person so sure it was his little tattle that caused the war? No I think the person has no basis to support it. Jurno’s would do anything to get a spot on the news.
yeah, I'll take this with a bit of skepticism for now... but if it's true the implications are serious

btw, it's based on Omar Nasiri's book
http://www.amazon.com/Inside-Jihad-Life-Qaeda-Story/dp/0465023886/sr=8-1/qid=1163796907/ref=pd_bbs_sr_1/103-0907806-1106240?ie=UTF8&s=books

lol, i remember this one... funnier when IE6 was the default browser though

Last edited:

HaNsA

Expert Member
lol a family member was reading a book or somethin that had this in it...lol...so i googled it...it came out in like 2000 so yeah its old......but still funny