Alberton Fibre

rog163

Hi Guys...

Does anyone have fibre connection in meyersdal yet? I see DFA have a cable that runns past our complex. What ISP are you guys using?

SharkBait

Executive Member
I see the trenching has started in Verwoerdpark. Haven't seen any identification boards or been able to ask anyone what it's for, but one can only assume it's Vumatel.

SharkBait

Executive Member
And the fact that Vodacom capped is 100/50. I know I shouldn't complain, as it's still better than the joke of an ADSL service we get, but I was just hoping we get Vumatel. :eek: Also remember, with Vumatel, you "kinda" get a static IP and I don't know if you have ever had to use Vodacom's Support for broadband? :sick:

LazyLion

King of de Jungle
I see the trenching has started in Verwoerdpark. Haven't seen any identification boards or been able to ask anyone what it's for, but one can only assume it's Vumatel.
Vumatel has pink netting around their trenches...
They are busy rolling out in Brackenhurst and Brackendowns right now as well.

Yeah, we have the normal orange ones.
So does this mean we can only go with Vodacom and not select another provider?
They just started digging outside my house in verwoerdpark.

Come to think of it a Vodacom rep did call me a few weeks ago but she couldn’t tell me when they would be up and running.

How long does it take once they’ve placed the fiber in your road?

SharkBait

Executive Member
So does this mean we can only go with Vodacom and not select another provider?
They just started digging outside my house in verwoerdpark.

Come to think of it a Vodacom rep did call me a few weeks ago but she couldn’t tell me when they would be up and running.

How long does it take once they’ve placed the fiber in your road?
From start to finish it was about 3 weeks. They are installing today for me @ 1pm.

Yes, for now we only have Vodacom as an option. They were supposed to go open access, but I don't that happened yet. They are Shit expensive.

From start to finish it was about 3 weeks. They are installing today for me @ 1pm.

Yes, for now we only have Vodacom as an option. They were supposed to go open access, but I don't that happened yet. They are Shit expensive.
ah ok, I'll take Vodacom on a month to month. Hopefully it will be open access at a later stage.
Yeh Vodacom is a bit pricey b ut my options are limited as my LTE is really crap lately