Albion Online - Have we been 'ip' Blocked?

Abadon

Following a huge DDoS attack on the game server yesterday 20/5/19, I have been unable to connect
to the game server or even view the game web pages, account page or forums,
using normal browser.
The only way I could eventually access the game or the website was using a VPN.

Anyone here play this game, or have some idea why suddenly this happened.

Will I have to play using a VPN all the time now?

Any Ideas.

Abadon

Hi all,
Update to my original post about 'AlbionOnline', would really appreciate it if anyone has any advice for me. I called Telkom about the 'unable to connect to the game' as well as not being able to even view the website and was told it's not their problem I was probably banned or blocked. At the same time my support ticket over at Albion advised that from there side there is no problem I should try another connection.

I have a free ISP account and used it, it connected first time no issues. I have no idea what to do next. Absolutely nothing changed at my end in regards to settings or updates or such. Short of ditching Telkom (if I can) and going somewhere else I dont know what to do.

Would appreciate any advise.

Stillie

Expert Member
Call telkom and explain what you just said to me. Maybe ask the to reset what ever they need to reset

Genisys

Executive Member
Try getting in contact with the Twitter Team, they should be able to put you in contact with the correct people or at least report the issue to the correct people.

Shoy

I actually have the exact same problem... And the support isn't giving any solution

Abadon

Albion support told me to use a vpn, i tried a free one but the latency made the game totally unplayable. Telkom so far have no clue and after nearly a week on the phone with them they gave me an email address to write too. I think I have an idea what it is but I am not sure at all if I am any where on the right track.

Albion have been under severe DDoS attacks lately and these attacks have got progressively worse. On Monday night while online a massive attack happened and the whole lot went offline, I was not able to access the web or game.

Talking to a consultant in their forums who did not actually confirm this but, said that if the attacks originated in my region then it is very likely that we have been blocked. What makes me think its a block is when i do a tracert, I get time out as soon as it reaches 'neustar' which appears to be the security provider i think. So if I am correct it would seem like the Telkom IP ranges have been blocked. I can not even connect with Telkom mobile.

Afrihost, Axxess and Mweb have no problems at all, I connected on them and played about an hour to test.

Have no clue what next, short of either ditching the game or telkom.

werries2

Expert Member
Tried connecting via Steam to Albion? I recently saw that is available under steam games now.

poffle

Executive Member
If Telkoms IP ranges have been blocked you can do nothing and Telkom cannot help you (because they lazy and won't).

Use another ISP or VPN.

OCP

Expert Member
If Telkoms IP ranges have been blocked you can do nothing and Telkom cannot help you (because they lazy and won't).

Use another ISP or VPN.
This + they have know issues at interconnects that they have no interest in fixing.
Several staff signed up with Telkom fibre - numerous issues connecting to random places which all work perfectly when using VPN so it's definitely a Telkom issue.

I suggest you move another provider for a long term solution ;-)