Alcohol and cigarette price hikes in South Africa thanks to tax increases

WaxLyrical

Honorary Master
Ya dont get it , sit in traffic for 1-2 hours each day, walk outside at lunch time with all the traffic fumes, stand around a smokey braai for hours on a weekend, and then freak out about getting a wiff of some 2nd hand smoke. o_O
It's like if I fart in a lift full of people or take a piss on the side of the road.

Humans dont like seeing other humans doing nasty stuff. Its evolutionary.

Nanfeishen

Executive Member
It actually keeps the likes of you safe from the likes of me. I take a deep breath, walk away counting to 10, have a smoke, come back and smile.
Or the best excuse to get up from a table or walk away from that dull coversation.

dillinger

Every time the government increases the taxes on cigarettes they just make manufactures across the boarder richer and the local manufactures that pay taxes poorer :D

ld13

Honorary Master
Every time the government increases the taxes on cigarettes they just make manufactures across the boarder richer and the local manufactures that pay taxes poorer :D
Maybe I am just tired, but how does that work?

dillinger

Illegal imports?
Spot on and local manufactured as well. Production at the BAT factory is so low that most of the time its at a stand still. SARS is clamping down on all the other manufacturers, they are busy installing remote surveillance cameras in the factory's, the control room has already been set up at the SARS office in Alberton.

saturnz

Honorary Master
smoke and drink more knowing your "Taxes are used to build infrastructure, such as hospitals, schools, roads, dams, libraries etc etc etc."