Alcohol ban lifted and lockdown restrictions relaxed as second COVID-19 wave passed

Hanno Labuschagne

Journalist
Staff member
Alcohol ban lifted and lockdown restrictions relaxed as second COVID-19 wave passed

President Cyril Ramaphosa has announced that lockdown restrictions in South Africa will be relaxed following a decline in the number of daily recorded COVID-19 cases in the country.

In a national address on Monday 1 February, Ramaphosa announced that a number of restrictions will be lifted, including the nationwide ban on the sale of alcohol.

“We have recorded our lowest daily increase in infections since the beginning of December last year,” Ramaphosa said. “The average rate of new infections has been steadily coming down over the past few weeks, indicating that we have now passed the peak of the second wave.”

Rocket-Boy

Executive Member
The whole lives vs economy thing Im sure is inaccurate.
The government is useless at everything, there is no way they have performed accurate calculations and forecasts.

I know of many people who have lost loved ones through this, I also know of many people who have lost everything they worked for.
The lockdown had no effect, throughout the most restrictive times there have been crowds of people with no masks in sight and no distancing of any sort.
There have been parties fueled by black market booze.

I could go on and on, but very little of this lockdown makes any sense and most of the restrictions have been ridiculous.

3WA

Honorary Master
Heading down to my local to see if they've already dropped black market prices.

Aghori

Honorary Master
Did he thank Cuba for sending doctors we didn't need being paid for with money we didn't have while countless doctors, nurses, medical staff, etc. are unemployed locally?

I said the exact same thing a few minutes ago to my dad.

azbob

Honorary Master
Nobody knows until it's been gazetted.

Except he usually mentions a midnight in his speech. Perhaps he realized the confusion it causes and opted out completely.

Herr der Verboten

Honorary Master

President Cyril Ramaphosa has announced that lockdown restrictions in South Africa will be relaxed following a decline in the number of daily recorded COVID-19 cases in the country.

In a national address on Monday 1 February, Ramaphosa announced that a number of restrictions will be lifted, including the nationwide ban on the sale of alcohol.

“We have recorded our lowest daily increase in infections since the beginning of December last year,” Ramaphosa said. “The average rate of new infections has been steadily coming down over the past few weeks, indicating that we have now passed the peak of the second wave.”
Alcohol ban has only been partially lifted

ConfusedR

Expert Member
*for the next 3 months

Or until people abuse alcohol again and cause trauma cases to fill up hospitals.............
And then people will blame government again when the ban is brought back..............
..................the same movie being played on repeat