Alcohol ban lifted and lockdown restrictions relaxed as second COVID-19 wave passed

krycor

Honorary Master
Or until people abuse alcohol again and cause trauma cases to fill up hospitals.............
And then people will blame government again when the ban is brought back..............
..................the same movie being played on repeat

This.. I do t understand why people act like dumb kids who don’t understand what the rules are.

2ndly.. alcohol industry is suffering, there are now stats that show what impact on premises and off premises results in vs trauma.

Now.. I’m gonna day this again and the idiot brigade won’t listen. Where is the innovation people love to claim they have? The Restaurant Association of SA, the beer association, the SAB.. the answer is ****ing obvious.. control your customers for God’s sake.

Stop blaming government when you are doing ****all to stop abuse directly. Consumer education has done nothing and we need direct limits and responsibility and liability for irresponsible vendors. The Alcohol Association, keeps saying they will bring in ways to control customers but nothing has happen and 12montha past.

Who’s the idiot? Government for doing what every government globally has done? SA isn’t the only ones that have limited alcohol on premises due to trauma and socializing .. or alcohol industry for ignoring impact and wanting to continue abusive sales?

krycor

Honorary Master
Once the country has been vaccinated and COVID-19 is no longer a risk there is no need to lockdown, restrict nor have the state of emergency anymore so I imagine all of that will be cancelled.

On the contrary.. if I was in alcohol business I’d be innovating and suggesting to government ways to control sale because I can tell you this.. the cost of trauma is very apparent along with total cost due to abuse and increasingly people are asking government to clamp down on the 1/3rd of the population that drinks.

Permanent law changes are coming you’d have to live under a rock not to see that it’s coming in the next financial year.. likely by March next year.

For me.. I’d want to control my business than have it controlled by government and if it means limiting sales or limiting customer behavior (for them to uber if they drunk) so be it.

Oldfut

Expert Member
The great love for Cuba was a "shock". Maybe that is the ANC's aim for SA. A raft of poor people eking out an existence trying to swim for Mauritius while the ANC fat cats live large a la Castros. I don't think Cuba helped "us" much; we bought mediocre medicos and medicines at inflated prices from them. Or is this a thank you for where an ANC Big Man surcharge was diverted to a Panamanian account by their counterparts in Cuba?

Neuk_

Executive Member
This.. I do t understand why people act like dumb kids who don’t understand what the rules are.

2ndly.. alcohol industry is suffering, there are now stats that show what impact on premises and off premises results in vs trauma.

Now.. I’m gonna day this again and the idiot brigade won’t listen. Where is the innovation people love to claim they have? The Restaurant Association of SA, the beer association, the SAB.. the answer is ****ing obvious.. control your customers for God’s sake.

Stop blaming government when you are doing ****all to stop abuse directly. Consumer education has done nothing and we need direct limits and responsibility and liability for irresponsible vendors. The Alcohol Association, keeps saying they will bring in ways to control customers but nothing has happen and 12montha past.

Who’s the idiot? Government for doing what every government globally has done? SA isn’t the only ones that have limited alcohol on premises due to trauma and socializing .. or alcohol industry for ignoring impact and wanting to continue abusive sales?

tenor.gif

ConfusedR

Expert Member
Once the country has been vaccinated and COVID-19 is no longer a risk there is no need to lockdown, restrict nor have the state of emergency anymore so I imagine all of that will be cancelled.

And to get the country vaccinated, will not happen over-night. There is still a long way to go.
Even the million doses that arrived yesterday, will take another 2 weeks before they can be administered. Those million doses will now go for quality testing, etc.

We will have a third wave of infections.

FYI...........
There are more than 40% of people that stated on surveys, that they do not want to get vaccinated.

LCBXX

Honorary Master
On the contrary.. if I was in alcohol business I’d be innovating and suggesting to government ways to control sale because I can tell you this.. the cost of trauma is very apparent along with total cost due to abuse and increasingly people are asking government to clamp down on the 1/3rd of the population that drinks.

Permanent law changes are coming you’d have to live under a rock not to see that it’s coming in the next financial year.. likely by March next year.

For me.. I’d want to control my business than have it controlled by government and if it means limiting sales or limiting customer behavior (for them to uber if they drunk) so be it.
You have daddy issues, mate.

I do to, I can spot it in others.

SAguy

Executive Member

I used to contract at a big alcohol producer, most of my time was spent training the sales reps across the country on new technology.

I left after the training was done, I couldn't handle the way alcohol was marketed specifically at poor people and people in unpleasant loving conditions.

Example, let's sell this cheap ready to drink wine in a plastic baggie and offer specials on Fridays because that's when labourers get paid... and let's focus the marketing of the specials at bottlestores near train stations and taxi ranks. They'll be able to drink it before they get home.

Didn't sit well with me so I left.

Grand Inquisitor

You have daddy issues, mate.

I do to, I can spot it in others.
That dude has personal freedom of choice issues. Issues with alcohol, issues with cigarettes. No issues with controlling people’s choices by force or excessive regulation though.

Solutions to his type of mindset is to move elsewhere, to where there are a lot more restrictions, regulations, controls and punishments handed out for things, not trying to argue for this to be the norm.

Craig_

Honorary Master

So I can blame toyota for that idiot in the fortuner that changed lanes without indicating the other day and almost took me out? The stupid swines (TMC), I should sue them.

LCBXX

Honorary Master
Already MSM news articles circulating about "The 3rd Wave!".

Signs that the ANC is readying more communism to fsck citizens over people in April.

Aghori

Honorary Master
And to get the country vaccinated, will not happen over-night. There is still a long way to go.
Even the million doses that arrived yesterday, will take another 2 weeks before they can be administered. Those million doses will now go for quality testing, etc.

We will have a third wave of infections.

FYI...........
There are more than 40% of people that stated on surveys, that they do not want to get vaccinated.

Entire family and extended don't want the vaccine - it has dead baby cells, toxins, they don't need it because they already got immunity, it's causing nurses to faint and elderly to die etc.... list just goes on and on.

noxibox

Honorary Master
He is nothing more than a greedy, corrupt, cowardly inept communist pooes. He and the ANC destroyed the economy, stole billions and many lives were lost due to the ANC during this "pandemic".
So communist now means capitalist no?

Afraid to call them what they really are, power hungry, corrupt, cowardly, inept capitalists?

Or until people abuse alcohol again and cause trauma cases to fill up hospitals.............
And then people will blame government again when the ban is brought back..............
..................the same movie being played on repeat
It is the government's fault. Every time they ban alcohol it will continue to be entirely their fault. It never becomes anyone else's fault they're too lazy or stupid to consider sensible measures.

I’m guessing you not much of a drinker, right?
One doesn't have to be a drinker to recognise the foolishness of the alcohol ban.