Alcohol ban over Easter holidays is non-debatable, says top scientist

Arthur

Honorary Master
The professor might know a little science but he knows nothing about rights, politics, and sociology. He's an idiot and should be laughed out of polite company and academia.

Life is impossible and intolerable without risk.

If public safety and saving lives were the highest priority and only aim then the argument for reducing the speed limit to 15 km/h is compelling and probably irrefutable.

The professor thinks like a four year old.

daveza

Honorary Master
Interview in 567 Cape Talk - there is no mention of a ban on transportation of liquor in any gazette.

Says restaurants need to be supplied with alcohol so how can they not allow it for the general population.

ToxicBunny

Oi! Leave me out of this...
The problem with all these legal people saying its incorrect, doesn't change the fact that a minister has claimed it, and cops will act as if its the law during this weekend.

The problem with all these legal people saying its incorrect, doesn't change the fact that a minister has claimed it, and cops will act as if its the law during this weekend.

Couldn't the police get sued for wrongful arrest though? Lots of lawyers will see it as an easy win against the state.

daveza

Honorary Master
^ Cape Talk: what she meant was... you can't buy alcohol from say a restaurant and then transport it....

Really ?

dualmeister

Honorary Master
^ Cape Talk: what she meant was... you can't buy alcohol from say a restaurant and then transport it....

Really ?
A restaurant is not allowed to let you take liquor off site so that is stupid.

dualmeister

Honorary Master
You know that, I know that .....

She fskd up and is clutching at straws.

Probably wanted it to be amended in the gazette and the printers told her fy, we are off on a long weekend.
During one of the previous bans my wife has to smuggle the balance of my wine out in her handbag. Waiter was probably like where the hell did that bottle go lol.