Alcohol ban proposed as Gauteng cases rise

Herr der Verboten

Honorary Master
Stats on before and after the bans?

This simply isn't good enough:
An alcohol ban should be considered to prevent trauma cases, which take up hospital beds that could be used for Covid-19 patients.
Human added that alcohol plays a significant role in people not adhering to non-pharmaceutical interventions like social distancing.
...so where is the research data?

Herr der Verboten

Honorary Master
Ag here we go again... It's not going to stop the spread. Other case studies has shown no impact as a result of implementing these bans.

Human behavior is our greatest enemy!
Kak man. Yet another (i want to be relevant) professor has spoken. Of course the recourse was presented along side data which is available to everyone who wants to dive into the numbers.

bwana

MyBroadband
Super Moderator
Human added that alcohol plays a significant role in people not adhering to non-pharmaceutical interventions like social distancing.

“It is quite difficult to understand that liquor stores remain open. It makes absolutely no sense,” he said.
Liquor stores aren't the problem. Crowded taverns and bars when the stores are closed over the weekends are.

NarrowBandFtw

Honorary Master
I'm quite comfortable with the idea of a hard lockdown and alcohol ban in Gauteng

not because it will help or it is even remotely based in logic, and let's face it this BS infringement on personal liberty by communist states is outright BS!

... I just don't like Gauteng :ROFL:

RedViking

Nord of the South
Yeah, let's do that and another few thousand people can lose their jobs. Why the **** not.

I'd be in full support of this if it means no salaries for anyone in parliament while there is a ban in place.
The whole purpose of these things is to rape the citizens into submission, rich to become more powerful, and that dictator dream to become a full blown reality.

NarrowBandFtw

Honorary Master
Does this affect politicians?

Here is a bill to "My King":
View attachment 1093641
weird prices at this establishment ... the Dom P seems reasonable, but who the fahk pays 14k for a demi sec?!?

Glenfiddich 18 is either cheap as chips if that's the bottle price, or insanely overpriced if that is per shot

somebody got hosed here ... and it is of course the taxpayer

C4Cat

Honorary Master
Ag here we go again... It's not going to stop the spread.
It's not meant to stop the spread and nobody is claiming it will. Nice strawman. The very first line of the OP literally says "to reduce trauma cases and free up hospital space"
Other case studies has shown no impact as a result of implementing these bans.
Actually the evidence is very clear that trauma cases are reduced significantly when alcohol is banned
Human behavior is our greatest enemy!
Truth