Alec Baldwin fatally shoots woman with prop gun on movie set

notayoba

Expert Member
Well they Deserve that. Why would you Carry one up....Never chamber a round unless you are in a Defcon situation. I constantly go and have to safety my weapons after the dogs go nuts. It is a safety rule that was moered into me by my DAD.
Total side thread, and not sure if joking. But carrying without one in the chamber is next level stupid.

ponder

Honorary Master
Example of gun misfiring, this model was recalled. I think for a colt somebody may have loaded the live ammo and cocked the hammer prior, but it makes no sense to scream cold gun if they weren't shooting a scene?

Cowboys did not have pistols back in the day and it would be out of place in a cowboy movie. The weapon Baldwin 'fired' is a colt 45 single action revolver, they are not immune to misfires but the chances of it happening are way less.

When asked why he pointed the gun at Hutchins and pulled the trigger when that wasn't in the script, Baldwin said, "I would never point a gun at anyone and then pull the trigger, never."
Baldwin also said he has no idea how a live bullet got in the Colt .45 revolver he used in the scene. "Someone put a live bullet in the gun, a bullet that wasn't even supposed to be on the property," he said.

He's lying, if it wasn't pointed in her direction she would be alive, bullets don't curve at such short distances. He had to either have pulled the hammer back or squeezed the trigger, short of that the ammo charge spontaneously combusted...

His story does not add up.

MrGyre

Executive Member
Cowboys did not have pistols back in the day and it would be out of place in a cowboy movie. The weapon Baldwin 'fired' is a colt 45 single action revolver, they are not immune to misfires but the chances of it happening are way less.

He's lying, if it wasn't pointed in her direction she would be alive, bullets don't curve at such short distances. He had to either have pulled the hammer back or squeezed the trigger, short of that the ammo charge spontaneously combusted...

He could be lying, but assuming it misfired it didn't have to be pointed at anyone to do damage. I don't buy the misfiring story, the info we have prior to the "misfire" story is that people were on strike, someone screamed cold gun and that he was shooting a scene, now everything changed.

If he was guilty of anything tho, I don't think his lawyer would allow him to speak freely and openly.

ponder

Honorary Master
If he was guilty of anything tho, I don't think his lawyer would allow him to speak freely and openly.

Right now he's denying everything which would be fine by his lawyers and I'm sure they prepped him before any interviews.

His story simply does not add up to me.

notayoba

Expert Member
You Never carry one up. No need. If you can't draw and Load in a single motion then you should not carry a firearm.
ca0ef80929bd8af86f6a9c61b521a387.jpg

SAguy

Executive Member
You Never carry one up. No need. If you can't draw and Load in a single motion then you should not carry a firearm.
Carrying one up can save your life. I wouldn't wanna be fighting a guy off with a knife and then still need to rack the slide with my scrotum since I only have one hand free.

konfab

Honorary Master
What!!!! In a gun fight, if you are not the aggressor you are automatically at a disadvantage. Having to rack the firearm puts you two steps behind you attacker.
For the non-gun people, this is the gun community equivalent of Xbox vs PlayStation. Lots of fanbois on every side.

What matters is what you train with.

notayoba

Expert Member
For the non-gun people, this is the gun community equivalent of Xbox vs PlayStation. Lots of fanbois on every side.

What matters is what you train with.
Not quite. More like Xbox/Playstation vs 1972 Atari Pong. It's not really debated by anyone worth taking seriously.

jack_spratt

Expert Member

Yes, his story is very odd. His lawyer is obviously advising him ...

Anyway, in the video it looks like he literally does not sleep. Huge bags under the eyes.

A clean conscience is like a soft pillow...

Magnum

Executive Member
What!!!! In a gun fight, if you are not the aggressor you are automatically at a disadvantage. Having to rack the firearm puts you two steps behind you attacker.
I would Prefer to not get in a situation where I would have to use a gun or a knife in the first place. Situational awareness. Avoid the area if there is an altercation. If this is in you house. Whistle Dixie while reloading.

Gordon_R

Honorary Master
The interview gives quite a lot of details, some of which are plausible:
The actor said that during the rehearsal on 21 October Hutchins was directing his every move.

"She's guiding me through how she wants me to hold the gun for this angle.

"I'm holding the gun where she told me to hold it, which ended up being aimed right below her armpit."
To get the shot, the actor said he needed to cock the gun - but not fire it.

"The trigger wasn't pulled. I didn't pull the trigger.

"I cock the gun. I go, 'Can you see that? Can you see that? Can you see that?'

"And then I let go of the hammer of the gun, and the gun goes off," Mr Baldwin said.