Alec Baldwin fatally shoots woman with prop gun on movie set

Gordon_R

Honorary Master
His testimony is more than a little "fishy".
Methinks he is not telling "the truth, the whole truth, and nothing but the truth".

There were eyewitnesses who can testify as to the facts as they saw them. In any case, the issue is how the live round got on set, which has nothing to do with the actor holding the gun.

Cray

Honorary Master
Good analysis, am really surprised Alec Baldwin is talking so much about this, can't believe that is ever a good idea.. Unless of course he has been assured by the DA that he won't be charged and he is running PR on his reputation.

surface

Honorary Master
Are the left Democrats not famous for this? Like the Catholics and little boys.
yes. All catholics are democrats - that is well known. @buka001 has a list of all such democrats. I won't be surprised if it is in the constitution of democratic party - Thou shall abuse kids or something like that.

gbyleveldt

Expert Member
The interview gives quite a lot of details, some of which are plausible:
"And then I let go of the hammer of the gun, and the gun goes off," Mr Baldwin said.
Well duh, that's what happens when you pull the trigger: the hammer drops. Letting go of the hammer is the same as pulling the trigger. Letting go of the hammer is not the kinda thing you just sommer do. Come to think of it, on pretty much most guns, you need to manipulate the trigger in order for the sear to move to allow the hammer to "let go". So that's also BS. Giving him the benefit of the doubt, it point to gross incompetence because the gun was supposed to be pointed in a safe direction when manipulating the controls.

Gordon_R

Honorary Master
Well duh, that's what happens when you pull the trigger: the hammer drops. Letting go of the hammer is the same as pulling the trigger. Letting go of the hammer is not the kinda thing you just sommer do. Come to think of it, on pretty much most guns, you need to manipulate the trigger in order for the sear to move to allow the hammer to "let go". So that's also BS. Giving him the benefit of the doubt, it point to gross incompetence because the gun was supposed to be pointed in a safe direction when manipulating the controls.

He was told 'cold gun', and told to manipulate the weapon by the director. What more do you expect him to do?

surface

Honorary Master
He was told 'cold gun', and told to manipulate the weapon by the director. What more do you expect him to do?
because "we" have put these actors on pedestal. What is your opinion on climate change, Mr Tom hanks? How do you think racism can be eliminated, Mr Morgan Freeman?

They can modulate their voices & make faces to make us laugh/sad - I don't see why we expect them to know anything about anything really, let alone guns.

MrGyre

Executive Member
Maybe not point it at her body while cocking the gun?

The actor said that during the rehearsal on 21 October Hutchins was directing his every move.
"She's guiding me through how she wants me to hold the gun for this angle.

"I'm holding the gun where she told me to hold it, which ended up being aimed right below her armpit."

ShaunSA

Derailment Squad
because "we" have put these actors on pedestal. What is your opinion on climate change, Mr Tom hanks? How do you think racism can be eliminated, Mr Morgan Freeman?

They can modulate their voices & make faces to make us laugh/sad - I don't see why we expect them to know anything about anything really, let alone guns.

Can you blame "us" We have them spout their "expertise" every time they so much as win some cr@ppy award

_kabal_

Expert Member
Not quite. More like Xbox/Playstation vs 1972 Atari Pong. It's not really debated by anyone worth taking seriously.

"Sorry Mr Attacker, could you please let go of my other hand, so I can use it to load my firearm"

saor

Honorary Master
Anyway, in the video it looks like he literally does not sleep. Huge bags under the eyes.

A clean conscience is like a soft pillow...
So you think accidently killing someone makes sleeping any easier?

gbyleveldt

Expert Member
He said he never pulled the trigger, he only let the hammer drop. My point is that it's the very same thing. Furthermore, you can't just drop the hammer without manipulating the trigger. So I'm calling BS on him saying he didn't touch the trigger. Whether he was told it's a cold gun is a separate issue.

MrGyre

Executive Member
He said he never pulled the trigger, he only let the hammer drop. My point is that it's the very same thing. Furthermore, you can't just drop the hammer without manipulating the trigger. So I'm calling BS on him saying he didn't touch the trigger. Whether he was told it's a cold gun is a separate issue.

What about half-cocks? I know there is a safety built in but I've heard of it wearing down.

Smugs

Expert Member
If you pull the hammer back just not far enough for the sear to engage and let it go, it will fire a round...