Alec Baldwin fatally shoots woman with prop gun on movie set

Crimson & Blue

Honorary Master

ponder

Honorary Master
Woteva

in future, unless you have hard evidence, please stop speculating, it's bad for you.

Show us where striking the hammer will result in the round only going off later, if you strike the hammer with enough force the round will go off at that instant and this has been demonstrated.

Crimson & Blue

Honorary Master
Show us where striking the hammer will result in the round only going off later, if you strike the hammer with enough force the round will go off at that instant and this has been demonstrated.
I'll leave you to your thoughts.

ponder

Honorary Master
I'll leave you to your thoughts.

You made a claim, I'm simply asking you how tapping the hammer will result in a round going off at a later stage?

2:40

How do you propose the round being fired after he strikes the hammer with a stick gets delayed until a later time?

_kabal_

Expert Member
Woteva

in future, unless you have hard evidence, please stop speculating, it's bad for you.
This article’s 12th December update even states, after baldwin’s interview, that his version of events are now even more unlikely.

Anyway, it’s so easy to confirm if this gun is worn/damaged.

These types of mechanical failures are permanent, and it would be extremely easy to replicate it with the actual firearm.

What’s more likely:
A) he did pull the trigger
B) he didn’t pull the trigger

The design of the Colt SA means A is more likely

Last edited:

GrootVoet

This tragedy taught us two things

1) Better gun controls are needed on movie sets.
2) Never stand in front of Alec Baldwin when he's got gun in his hand.

ponder

Honorary Master
The thing is there are excellent gun safety protocols on movie sets. This production just chose not to follow them.

He's one of the producers and production company owners, so besides being an actor his responsibility goes way further if corners were cut and protocols not followed.

ponder

Honorary Master
This article’s 12th December update even states, after baldwin’s interview, that his version of events are now even more unlikely.

Anyway, it’s so easy to confirm if this gun is worn/damaged.

These types of mechanical failures are permanent, and it would be extremely easy to replicate it with the actual firearm.

What’s more likely:
A) he did pull the trigger
B) he didn’t pull the trigger

The design of the Colt SA means A is more likely

Occam's razor...

notayoba

Expert Member
He's one of the producers and production company owners, so besides being an actor his responsibility goes way further if corners were cut and protocols not followed.
Yep. Agreed. He's screwed either way.

As an actor (animated mannequin) I don't think he's liable. (In my non expert opinion) As producer, for sure. I can't see him getting off scot-free.

flamevector

Not exactly true. it can happen with older cartridges. highly unlikely with newer style ammo. the term you can google is called Hang fire.

Reactions: OCP

ponder

Honorary Master
Not exactly true. it can happen with older cartridges. highly unlikely with newer style ammo. the term you can google is called Hang fire.

Hang fire refers to an unexpected delay between the triggering of a firearm and the ignition of the propellant.[1] This failure was common in firearm actions that relied on open primer pans, due to the poor or inconsistent quality of the powder. Modern firearms are susceptible also. The delay is usually too brief to be noticed, but can be several seconds. A hangfire should be suspected whenever a firearm fails to fire, but has not clearly malfunctioned.

I'm willing to put my head on a block and say not applicable to this weapon/incident.

flamevector

I'm willing to put my head on a block and say not applicable to this weapon/incident.
I agree I highly doubt that this is the case., I was just stating as per your statement saying that you pull the trigger and it goes bang immediatly that it is possible to happen however the chances of it happening are incredibly remote. However even if it was the case if he had the correct training he was meant to put the firearm down and pointing in a safe direction. and not pointing it at something he was not willing to destroy this would have been avoided so still negligence.

Gordon_R

Honorary Master
BBC version. Sounds like a 'fishing expedition'.
The warrant was issued by a Sante Fe court in New Mexico - the state where Rust was being filmed.

It says "there may be evidence on the phone" that could be "material and relevant to this investigation".

Investigators asked to confiscate Mr Baldwin's Apple iPhone that is "believed to be in his possession".

They wanted to look at text messages, emails, web browser history and other information stored on the phone.

ponder

Honorary Master
Last edited:

airborne

Honorary Master

Meh, court should throw this out but then again this is 'murica....
Alex Baldwin isn't the sharpest tool in the shed though, he was looking for trouble when he made those posts and guess what he got it.

The lawsuit damages claim is a crazy but their lawyers know the game, you open the bidding high and then come down to a more "reasonable" figure.

lol, he's going to be paying a good few bob for his posts, even if it's just in legal fees.