All government ministers get free DStv subscriptions

furpile

Expert Member
I don't even know why they get housing provided, not to mention all the other benefits. They get a salary, they can pay for their own house. I am sure no private company in SA has the same level of benefits as the ministers.

sox63

Executive Member
I see they have cut them down to one car each according to the article. Used to be two right? For Cape Town and Pretoria?

joshuatree

Expert Member
It was/is probably to be able to watch ANN7/Newzroom Afrika...

Last edited:

HunterNW

Executive Member
"The installation and maintenance of fax, Internet/Wi-Fi, and DSTV facilities for official use at official residences are covered."
How do you use DSTV officially ?

skimread

Executive Member
All government ministers get free DStv subscriptions

Probably a remnant of the Zuma era Gupta channel to convince multichoice to add Gupta TV to DSTV because ministers will be watching.

skimread

Executive Member
How do you use DSTV officially ?
Lots of uses.

Watch Game of thrones to learn about political back stabbing.

Watch the Home channel to know where to buy homes overseas with kickbacks you receive with money you can't declare or bring into the country.

Watch Kyknet If you need reinforcement that white Afrikaners are "having it" and are still privileged after Apartheid ended.

Watch the Travel channel to learn about this wonderful place called Dubai that ANC members keep raving about

Watch CNN or SkyNews if you want to acclimatize yourself for upcoming useless paid foreign trips in 5 star hotels.

Last edited:

LCBXX

Honorary Master
The whole ministerial handbook needs to be summarised like this for all to see. This is not even half of all the perks. Quickly you'll realise exactly why politicians campaign they way they do. Fsck the citizens and their problems: It's all for a nice fat 5-year payday and subsidised luxury.

MrR

Expert Member
Come to think of it, I wonder what their mobile data bills are in a month/ year and just how much they abuse mobile data.

If you work in a corporate you (should) get absolutely locked down.

That's more tax payer money down the drain with their twattering, facebooking and youtubing. They probably don't care or even know about OOB rates.

zizo911

Executive Member
For a minute I thought it said government employees get free DStv.... Then I read it properly. I almost got excited there for a minute...

zizo911

Executive Member
I'm being sent on a work conference next week to DBN, I will be busy from 7 until 7 everyday day, some days till 9. It's all tax money though, which I also have to pay every month. I am still expected to pay for my meals while at the conference, yet these ministers can literally do nothing and get such amazing perks. I already feel bad that tax money is used on me, but I know it will be for a good cause eventually. This is just sickening really...

NeonNinja

Neon Resident
I'm being sent on a work conference next week to DBN, I will be busy from 7 until 7 everyday day, some days till 9. It's all tax money though, which I also have to pay every month. I am still expected to pay for my meals while at the conference, yet these ministers can literally do nothing and get such amazing perks. I already feel bad that tax money is used on me, but I know it will be for a good cause eventually. This is just sickening really...
You are not a minister.