All Koreans to Have 1Gbps Broadband by 2012

K9JT

1Gbps!! That is a ridiculous speed if you compare it to our measly 4mbps. Wow....

iDOL

Expert Member
yeha, i's just rude, I saw it elsewhere on the interwebs and thought it prudent to save us the pain, by not posting it here.

Look, all i want is at least just 10-20Mps with a equally proportionate cap, or even just a larger cap for my 4mb line, that will do just nicely for me, for now.

brixton tower

Expert Member
I've got a friend currently living in South Korea and he says the tech that's available just blows the mind away. People sit and watch television while commuting to work on the trains- not that you couldn't do this in SA but it's available on a widescale. Also the speeds are crazy.

LazyLion

King of de Jungle
quit posting sci-fi mumbo jumbo here! :mad:

we only live in the real world here! :p

ldmelsa

Executive Member
don't worry guys
it will eventually reach RSA
for your grandchildren, that is

K9JT

I'm going to pause the download of my life and wait until those high speeds come to SA before I resume it again. That way I'll still be here when it comes, probably the only living human from these times. I'll tell tales to your great grandchildren of how "back in my day..."

Hey, someone should start a thread about what kind of stories we think we'll tell our grandkids about technlogy in our days. What would we remember the most, etc...

brixton tower

Expert Member
The question that everyone should pose is: What sort of stuff will you be downloading at those crazy speeds? Also online gaming is massive in Asia, specifically South Korea.

Devill

Damned
The question that everyone should pose is: What sort of stuff will you be downloading at those crazy speeds? Also online gaming is massive in Asia, specifically South Korea.

"IF" you need to download that 360gig pdf "The history of planet earth in detail" , you could do so in the wink of an eye :D

LazyLion

King of de Jungle

are you serious? I could easily put that to use. The main problem is not what to download... it is where to store all the stuff I download. :p