All online shopping now allowed in South Africa

The Magster

Shoutout to the EFF who... where the heck are they even? Probably somewhere trying to figure out how to spell "welcome" for their upcoming flippity flop press release.
Shh...not so loud. Let the Commander in Chief sleep peacefully as he has been doing for the entire lockdown. The lack of airtime for him and his minions is refreshing. I'll bet that this bit of communication has just now jinxed the whole thing. :cautious:

SykomantiS

Expert Member
So, one thing I don't see, does this include cellphone contracts (and porting to a new network?)

now05ster

Expert Member
Common sense prevails there. Away with the old signing a paper as proof of receipt.

I don't have any qualms in signing for something even during this time. I also carry hand sanitizer and it's easy to disinfect oneself afterwards. Glad to hear online stores have adopted the same approach and hope all the courier companies are doing the same.
We were handed our package by a courier wearing mask and gloves. No signing was necessary. But we had to have our photograph taken with the package as proof of delivery and receipt! Fame at last!

Sinbad

Honorary Master
054bd96017a5318e8e70894d5848abbc.jpg

AfricanTech

Honorary Master
Makro still lists booze on their site. And new booze items are added to Promos ... undoubtedly automated systems at play.
You obviously won't get it til lockdown allows. Or maybe they just cancel your order and keep your bucks for a few weeks. Or maybe they skelm deliver it to you ... f-knows.
*spits in the general direction of Makro

Their ability to deliver the items you order is piss poor

- long lead times on delivery
- pickup option lead times as bad as delivery lead times
- actual pickup experience is pathetic - one time I used it I had to hang around for ages while they looked for my order (and this was pre lockdown - I shudder to think what it's like now)

Slegdehammer67

Of course SARS will agree as in the current situation their of Tax income base must be shrinking by the day....

static_sa

Expert Member
Takealot says I must collect my returned item from their Drop off point (Cape Town)

Am I legally allowed to drive there and collect it? Or is Takealot baiting me to get arrested and/or fined?

Swa

Honorary Master
Obviously they shouldn't have used the word "prominence" because it's just to difficult for some people to understand.
Prominence meaning promoting and delivering local goods first and having specials on local goods. Great. Not like government actually gave a feck about local to start with. If they did they wouldn't have had this stupid lockdown that crippled our economy.

Antnick

No. I do not like exercising in the street. It might be a curfew breaker. The beach yes! The NCCC members however probably don't know what a beach is? Well, it's a lot of sand, and water splashing up on to it. That is good exercise, running up and down the beach. However, the beach and a swim is banned probably because, and especially the NCCC members, many would probably wash their hands in the salt water which would be good but miss a wave arriving and drown! Open the beaches...you won't get COVID-19 from the sea!

Swa

Honorary Master
No. I do not like exercising in the street. It might be a curfew breaker. The beach yes! The NCCC members however probably don't know what a beach is? Well, it's a lot of sand, and water splashing up on to it. That is good exercise, running up and down the beach. However, the beach and a swim is banned probably because, and especially the NCCC members, many would probably wash their hands in the salt water which would be good but miss a wave arriving and drown! Open the beaches...you won't get COVID-19 from the sea!
Then you get this
hqdefault.jpg
I get the frustration but the beach is a huge drawing card. If you allow one person you have to allow everyone. And everyone will use the excuse they're exercising.

Shi

Expert Member
*spits in the general direction of Makro
Their ability to deliver the items you order is piss poor
- long lead times on delivery
- pickup option lead times as bad as delivery lead times
- actual pickup experience is pathetic - one time I used it I had to hang around for ages while they looked for my order (and this was pre lockdown - I shudder to think what it's like now)

Thanks for the heads up. I was on their site and checking availability for a product and noticed that Ottery, Cape Town is not listed at all (only Cape Gate and Montague Gardens for Western Cape). It is also not listed when doing a store search on their website.