All schools are closing; by end July

Nicodeamus

Executive Member
Are you able to provide any definitive studies to the contrary? That's what I am questioning, there are no definitve studies done yet, but it is being portrayed as if these exist.
“ At no time was there a medical reason for the closure of schools, as the risk of disease and transmission in children is extremely low. There is also no medical reason for small classes, masks or ‘social distancing’ rules in schools.”

From the Swiss propaganda research. I honestly haven’t read all those studies myself yet.

Here is the Review in the Lancet that they cite.

Lupus

Honorary Master

eehellfire

Honorary Master
For context, there is the linky to some sort of substance to my ire:

During the weekend, we got news that Roedean is closing by the end of the month until September sometime. From another source, we were told that unions are pushing hard for this and it looks inevitable.

All schools. Private and public.

And no online or remote education whatsoever :mad:

Why am I posting this? I suppose it is in pure unbridled frustration and anger. I work at home. It is difficult enough as it is to motivate my offspring, who want to be at school and want education, to maintain focus. They have had remote and/or online education. Now, for who knows how long this time, they must wait out what probably feels like the longest time.

Because the government ANC cocked everything up in the past 25 years that their despicable hands have touched, today all children across the country must suffer their consequences. They have not never prioritised the things that are most important to the country (education, housing, employment).

Today these chickens are flocking home to roost.

Viva!
Unions won't win this one.
Education is a constitutional right

bwana

MyBroadband
Unions won't win this one.
Education is a constitutional right
The constitution hasn't mattered for 118 days now and the courts don't care.

My kids' term break starts tomorrow anyway so a three week closure just means an extra 5 days of school holiday for them.

Reactions: McT

s0lar

Kids in private school, no up coming holidays. Has only been back for a handful of days. Daughter (teenager) was in tears during the announcement.

Kids have been taking this whole isolation a bit more heavily than most suspect.

binkybozo

Kids in private school, no up coming holidays. Has only been back for a handful of days. Daughter (teenager) was in tears during the announcement.

Kids have been taking this whole isolation a bit more heavily than most suspect.
That is sort of odd. My son's private and they have had their kids back for almost two months now. They are going ahead with their time table and not letting school out until their scheduled holiday which starts 7 August and goes through till the 27th.

I hope at least they have been doing online learning with your kids.

This whole thing has been hectic for the kids. A lot of parents that I have spoken to are saying that their younger kids are regressing. My son who was a champion sleeper started sleeping horribly shortly after the schools closed. He gets up through the night, talks in his sleep, and is very clingy. It has gotten worse since he started back to school because two of his best friends aren't back to school yet.

We have always talked to him about what is going on and we always answer his questions but I know that he knows that his mom and I are worried especially since his mom is a public school teacher. I know he is worried about his Tannie as well, she is a teacher and her school has closed twice this month due to the virus so I think he feels like this whole thing is getting closer to his world.

Last edited:

Kosmik

Honorary Master
What kills me as well is that they are not just saying schools must close physically, they are saying close so does that mean the expectatiin is no distance learning/support during the new closure?

tin4444

What kills me as well is that they are not just saying schools must close physically, they are saying close so does that mean the expectatiin is no distance learning/support during the new closure?
I really do not see how they can stop online classes if the teacher/school is willing to provide/offer it.

Lupus

Honorary Master

Now imagine the younger ones, my 8 year old has been stuck at home since March 18th, luckily karate is back

Mila

Honorary Master
That is sort of odd. My son's private and they have had their kids back for almost two months now. They are going ahead with their time table and not letting school out until their scheduled holiday which starts 7 August and goes through till the 27th.

I hope at least they have been doing online learning with your kids.

This whole thing has been hectic for the kids. A lot of parents that I have spoken to are saying that their younger kids are regressing. My son who was a champion sleeper started sleeping horribly shortly after the schools closed. He gets up through the night, talks in his sleep, and is very clingy. It has gotten worse since he started back to school because two of his best friends aren't back to school yet.

We have always talked to him about what is going on and we always answer his questions but I know that he knows that his mom and I are worried especially since his mom is a public school teacher. I know he is worried about his Tannie as well, she is a teacher and her school has closed twice this month due to the virus so I think he feels like this whole thing is getting closer to his world.
My Nephew ,10, has started with Migraines. And its not covid.
I understand safety first but what the hel are the Government doing.
Its as if they saw there is money in education that is not spent with kids not going to school so they can get their hands on it and blame Covid.

Everything the ANC does is for the monetary gain of one off their cadres

Mila

Honorary Master
I really do not see how they can stop online classes if the teacher/school is willing to provide/offer it.
Will the teacher be paid?
How long do you motivate a kid to do online classes when it doesn’t mean anything?

Lupus

Honorary Master
How long do you motivate a kid to do online classes when it doesn’t mean anything?
Perhaps the teachers who aren't working shouldn't be paid? Than maybe this fiasco wouldn't have happened.

tin4444

I am not saying I agree with any of this, I am just responding to “will they stop online also”.

I thought sanity would prevail and schools would remain open but here we are.

Mila

Honorary Master
Perhaps the teachers who aren't working shouldn't be paid? Than maybe this fiasco wouldn't have happened.
True.
I just asked about this because he didn’t say if the would be paid. Probably don’t have a choice with unions. We know who runs the country.

Maybe they should have stopped paying teachers who did a crap job before covid anyway. Were they nor suppose to be performance based by now?

tin4444

Exactly, no work no pay should be applied. To easy to say close schools when you know you still getting income.

Mila

Honorary Master
I am not saying I agree with any of this, I am just responding to “will they stop online also”.

I thought sanity would prevail and schools would remain open but here we are.
Same here just asking the questions. He always makes this whhhooohhhaaaa he is going to talk to the nation and then is so vague he could just have sent a WhatsApp