All things Sunsynk (Deye, Inge, etc...)

Hi all.... Long time member on MyBB Forums, but I've been dormant for very long.

I also have a Sunsynk inverter that I monitor almost the whole day everyday (it's a pinned tab on Firefox on my work PC, with auto-refresh every 10min).

What's a permanent solution to this problem? I've read about things like Solar Assistant, Home Assistant, etc... very briefly... but not sure if it will work for me, or how it works.

Can someone please recommend, or point me in the right direction. Even willing to pay someone to do the initial setup. I'm an IT person, so technically very competent. My understanding of inverters and solar, electricity, power, batteries, etc is pretty good as well, though I'm no electrical engineer. I'm a Computer Science Honours graduate, if that helps. I just don't have the time to research, tinker, test, etc, which is why I'd be willing to pay someone to set it up, and then I look after it myself.

I have my own network cabinet at home, which is its own lithium backup (for up to 6 hours), which is independent of the my inverter and 20kWH battery pack. My network hasn't been down for over a year. I even have automatic failover for internet, from fibre to LTE. Have my own media server to run Plex, Radarr, Sonarr, qBittorrent, etc, which also hasn't been offline, unless I manuallly reboot it, and switch off to do maintenance / upgrades / play around with my network.

I'd say my own network and internet access has been 10 x more reliable than this Sunsynk connect rubbish. So I want to roll my own....

Please point me in the right direction....

Hi all.... Long time member on MyBB Forums, but I've been dormant for very long.

I also have a Sunsynk inverter that I monitor almost the whole day everyday (it's a pinned tab on Firefox on my work PC, with auto-refresh every 10min).

What's a permanent solution to this problem? I've read about things like Solar Assistant, Home Assistant, etc... very briefly... but not sure if it will work for me, or how it works.

Can someone please recommend, or point me in the right direction. Even willing to pay someone to do the initial setup. I'm an IT person, so technically very competent. My understanding of inverters and solar, electricity, power, batteries, etc is pretty good as well, though I'm no electrical engineer. I'm a Computer Science Honours graduate, if that helps. I just don't have the time to research, tinker, test, etc, which is why I'd be willing to pay someone to set it up, and then I look after it myself.

I have my own network cabinet at home, which is its own lithium backup (for up to 6 hours), which is independent of the my inverter and 20kWH battery pack. My network hasn't been down for over a year. I even have automatic failover for internet, from fibre to LTE. Have my own media server to run Plex, Radarr, Sonarr, qBittorrent, etc, which also hasn't been offline, unless I manuallly reboot it, and switch off to do maintenance / upgrades / play around with my network.

I'd say my own network and internet access has been 10 x more reliable than this Sunsynk connect rubbish. So I want to roll my own....

Solar Assistant is software you can buy here. If you have a spare Pi3 / 4 you can just buy the software and relevant cables. Install the software on a microSD then plug it in and you can connect to it locally (or remotely). It gives a wide range of information and has almost instantaneous data updates. If you don't have a spare Pi you can buy one from that same site as well. I have been running it for almost 3 years and haven't had more than 5mins of SA downtime in that period. The software is also being continually improved and is for all intents and purposes - very stable

Solar Assistant is software you can buy here. If you have a spare Pi3 / 4 you can just buy the software and relevant cables. Install the software on a microSD then plug it in and you can connect to it locally (or remotely). It gives a wide range of information and has almost instantaneous data updates. If you don't have a spare Pi you can buy one from that same site as well. I have been running it for almost 3 years and haven't had more than 5mins of SA downtime in that period. The software is also being continually improved and is for all intents and purposes - very stable
Thanks for the reply buddy. You have a PM.

I think @Saajid might have been asking, if there are any installers available who would come and install Solar Asssistant for you?

Would one need to ask any solar installers to come do the installation?

I think @Saajid might have been asking, if there are any installers available who would come and install Solar Asssistant for you?

Would one need to ask any solar installers to come do the installation?

Yeah, that too.... Assuming Solar Assistant is the correct solution. I do have some smart home devices that I want to integrate in a broader Smart Home Solution. Looking at Home Assistant for this. Currently just using eWelink app with about 10 x SonOff smart light switches, 3 x SonOff inching switches (for garage doors + sliding gate motors), smart circuit breaker for Geyser control... All controlled via eWeLink...

Will Solar Assistant integrate with Home Assistant? And if so, how? And do they play nicely with each other?

Yeah, that too.... Assuming Solar Assistant is the correct solution. I do have some smart home devices that I want to integrate in a broader Smart Home Solution. Looking at Home Assistant for this. Currently just using eWelink app with about 10 x SonOff smart light switches, 3 x SonOff inching switches (for garage doors + sliding gate motors), smart circuit breaker for Geyser control... All controlled via eWeLink...

Will Solar Assistant integrate with Home Assistant? And if so, how? And do they play nicely with each other?

Home Assistant is free - run a VM on your server and install, install integration, and then you can have a custom screen you can access anywhere through your server, or through paid HA subscription. This is what I do, but I have the solarman dongle which seems to be more robust than Sunsynk? Plus having it in HA means every value is saved can so it can be used as triggers for all sorts of automations.....

Hey mate - will also respond to your DM but for now:

Sounds like Home Assistant might be a good fit for you. Solar Assistant integrates to HomeAssistant via MQTT and the Solar Assistant website details how to do this. The power of having SA into HA is being able to set / control other devices based on what your solar is or isn't doing'. HA has a native integration for Ewelink / Sonoff and also supports Tuya, Shelly etc...so you wont be limited to Sonoff / Ewelink based devices.

A sample dashboard showing Solar info from SA, Tuya based Garage and Gate controls, Paradox Ip 150 based alarm
1707320356409.png

Hey mate - will also respond to your DM but for now:

Sounds like Home Assistant might be a good fit for you. Solar Assistant integrates to HomeAssistant via MQTT and the Solar Assistant website details how to do this. The power of having SA into HA is being able to set / control other devices based on what your solar is or isn't doing'. HA has a native integration for Ewelink / Sonoff and also supports Tuya, Shelly etc...so you wont be limited to Sonoff / Ewelink based devices.

A sample dashboard showing Solar info from SA, Tuya based Garage and Gate controls, Paradox Ip 150 based alarm
View attachment 1658016

This is making more and more sense :unsure:

@Saajid You dont need SolarAssistant to get the data from a Sunsynk inverter into Home Assistant.
You can make use of a ESP32 & RS485 connection.
More info here:

I had issues getting it setup but once it is running, it works great.

This is making more and more sense :unsure:
At least you can try the HA components with no additional spend if you already have some smart switches etc. The Solar Assistant bit has a bit more of an investment

At least you can try the HA components with no additional spend if you already have some smart switches etc. The Solar Assistant bit has a bit more of an investment

I have a couple of Sonoff smart switches around teh house, CBi Astute for the pool and two HT smart switches for the geysers but haven't gotten HA up and running at our current house yet unfortunately.

Our 18,000 BTU uses around 1.3 kW when getting the room up to temp, dropping to around 600W once it's at the set temp.

Make sure to get an inverter aircon...
Thanks @Mike Hoxbig. I have an open plan lounge/dining room/kitchen and will get a proper quote done but for interest what area does your 18,000 BTU unit cool?

Last edited:
Yip. Borked again.

Losing count, but at least round 5 in less than 2 weeks now.
5 on my count :oops:

1. 28 January 2024 : 3:40am to 11:20am and 2:00pm to 3:15pm
  2. 29 January 2024 : 11:35am to 12:20pm
  3. 1 February 2024 : 11:55am to 2:05pm
  4. 5 February 2024 : 1:15pm to 2:30pm
  5. 7 February 2024 : 1:25pm to 3:20pm

Reactions: acp
Back