All things Sunsynk (Deye, Inge, etc...)

@Saajid You dont need SolarAssistant to get the data from a Sunsynk inverter into Home Assistant.
You can make use of a ESP32 & RS485 connection.
More info here:

I had issues getting it setup but once it is running, it works great.
So my thinking is to go with Solar Assistant anyway, because it is a dedicated device, fit for purpose. I don't want to ever lose any data from my solar system. The SA device will stay permanently connected, collecting data, and have its own backup power (independent of the inverter/solar system). HA on the other hand will require lots of tinkering, reboots, and might not always be rock-solid. But my understanding is that SA can/will stand on its own, and allow me access to my solar system stats, data, history and allow me to make changes at any time, irrespective of what is happening on HA.

I'd still integrate SA into HA, to be able have smart triggers and automations based on the solar system performance, battery stats, etc...

SA is more expensive, but I don't mind, I think it would be worth it? What are your guys thoughts?

Last edited:
Gotten so used to always having electricity that I did not notice we having load shedding. Since it was Saturday everyone was at home, meaning the kettle, dishwasher, washing machine, microwave, pool pump all was running and then all of a sudden we had darkness, I mean no electricity.

Luckily the Deye inverter came back online without hassles after a few minutes. I switched off everything at the db board and when power was restored I switched things on one my one.

This time we made sure to keep it under 5kWh. Lesson learned.

Gotten so used to always having electricity that I did not notice we having load shedding. Since it was Saturday everyone was at home, meaning the kettle, dishwasher, washing machine, microwave, pool pump all was running and then all of a sudden we had darkness, I mean no electricity.

Luckily the Deye inverter came back online without hassles after a few minutes. I switched off everything at the db board and when power was restored I switched things on one my one.

I have done the same with our SunSynk inverter :X3: Live and learn...

Looks like Sunsynk Connect was down for quite some time last night again. It's back, but hope that it will remain stable now.

PFS is giving away a 7.68kWh Magneto battery, closing on the 17th:

1707720796297.png

Looks like Sunsynk Connect was down for quite some time last night again. It's back, but hope that it will remain stable now.
This is what's so weird about the issues the app is experiencing. I checked my data for last night and don't see any gaps in the recorded data. Other times when mine is borked, others are not experiencing issues.

So my thinking is to go with Solar Assistant anyway, because it is a dedicated device, fit for purpose. I don't want to ever lose any data from my solar system. The SA device will stay permanently connected, collecting data, and have its own backup power (independent of the inverter/solar system). HA on the other hand will require lots of tinkering, reboots, and might not always be rock-solid. But my understanding is that SA can/will stand on its own, and allow me access to my solar system stats, data, history and allow me to make changes at any time, irrespective of what is happening on HA.

I'd still integrate SA into HA, to be able have smart triggers and automations based on the solar system performance, battery stats, etc...

SA is more expensive, but I don't mind, I think it would be worth it? What are your guys thoughts?
Integrating SA into HA is the same amount of effort as just starting out with HA. You still have to add all the sensors, it will just be SA sensors instead of the logger sensors...

any reason the pool pump and other high usage stuff isn't on Smart load or Aux ?

What's the latest software / firmware version for the SunSynk's that is available currerntly?

How does one check which version software / firmware on the system?

How does one go about doing a software / firmware update on the sytem if there is one? Does the installer need to request an update? Or it is usually pushed over the internet to your inverter? Or do you need to request a firmware update from SunSynk directly?

What's the latest software / firmware version for the SunSynk's that is available currerntly?

How does one check which version software / firmware on the system?

How does one go about doing a software / firmware update on the sytem if there is one? Does the installer need to request an update? Or it is usually pushed over the internet to your inverter? Or do you need to request a firmware update from SunSynk directly?
If it ain't broke, don't upgrade. In the past people requested updates and it broke certain functions.

Don't know the latest version, think it depends on your hardware version.

You can check your firmware version on your inverter in the menus.

Installer requests update and sunsynk pushes to your inverter.
You can try request directly via their website as well but not sure if they will action it without your installer.

If it ain't broke, don't upgrade. In the past people requested updates and it broke certain functions.

Don't know the latest version, think it depends on your hardware version.

You can check your firmware version on your inverter in the menus.

Installer requests update and sunsynk pushes to your inverter.
You can try request directly via their website as well but not sure if they will action it without your installer.

I got an update last week and now the inverter draws a constant 50-100w from the grid even though my grid charge is set to 5W

any reason the pool pump and other high usage stuff isn't on Smart load or Aux ?
When the system was installed I forgot to ask for such a setup and to be honest this a very adnormal timing of events for us. So I am confident we can avoid it in the feature.

I got an update last week and now the inverter draws a constant 50-100w from the grid even though my grid charge is set to 5W
This is the same for Deye inverter. After update ours also uses almost constant 100W. Apparently this is the new "standard".

How does software require the increase grid draw especially if not needed by the inverter? Any reasons given for this change?

And to be sure I understand it, it always draws from grid, even when PV is more than generating capacity to run the loads?

Definitely not going to get my 2 year old inverter upgraded.

How does software require the increase grid draw especially if not needed by the inverter? Any reasons given for this change?

And to be sure I understand it, it always draws from grid, even when PV is more than generating capacity to run the loads?

Definitely not going to get my 2 year old inverter upgraded.
They probably changed a base setting somewhere to enable it to always draw regardless of the Grid-draw setting.

And yes - it always draws - the explanation i was given has something to do with not tripping meters (across the board)

1707810200922.png

Yes, it draws constantly from the grid to ensure sync and prevent feed-in.

My speculation is that they changed it to 100W across the board to prevent issues with prepaid meters.

Yes, it draws constantly from the grid to ensure sync and prevent feed-in.

My speculation is that they changed it to 100W across the board to prevent issues with prepaid meters.
I'm able to change my trickle feed on the Sunsynk. Is it not possible with Deye?

I'm able to change my trickle feed on the Sunsynk. Is it not possible with Deye?
It also has a setting for it, but after firmware update it uses around 100W even though it is set to 20W. Installer queried this and was told this is the new standard.

I think this is the day we had the firmware update done because the MPPTs didn't act like they were intended to.

Early morning the grid trickle charge was at 0.02 - 0.03 kW.

1707843239785.png

Afterwards it's at a relatively steady 0.09 - 0.1 kW. The setting on the inverter remained at 20W.
1707843421983.png

I believe that this has been mentioned before, but search isn't giving me any easy-to-find answer. Has anyone managed to change their Sunsynk grid type to anything other than General Standard via the inverter interface?

I have been told that it should be changed, but the only available options on the inverter grid screen are "General Standard" and "ESB Networks(Ireland)". It should be "NRS097", which is an option on the app, but there are a whole lot of other settings which are required to be changed but I don't really want to fiddle with.

Back