All things Sunsynk (Deye, Inge, etc...)

How does software require the increase grid draw especially if not needed by the inverter? Any reasons given for this change?

And to be sure I understand it, it always draws from grid, even when PV is more than generating capacity to run the loads?

Definitely not going to get my 2 year old inverter upgraded.
They probably changed a base setting somewhere to enable it to always draw regardless of the Grid-draw setting.

And yes - it always draws - the explanation i was given has something to do with not tripping meters (across the board)

1707810200922.png

Yes, it draws constantly from the grid to ensure sync and prevent feed-in.

My speculation is that they changed it to 100W across the board to prevent issues with prepaid meters.

Yes, it draws constantly from the grid to ensure sync and prevent feed-in.

My speculation is that they changed it to 100W across the board to prevent issues with prepaid meters.
I'm able to change my trickle feed on the Sunsynk. Is it not possible with Deye?

I'm able to change my trickle feed on the Sunsynk. Is it not possible with Deye?
It also has a setting for it, but after firmware update it uses around 100W even though it is set to 20W. Installer queried this and was told this is the new standard.

I think this is the day we had the firmware update done because the MPPTs didn't act like they were intended to.

Early morning the grid trickle charge was at 0.02 - 0.03 kW.

1707843239785.png

Afterwards it's at a relatively steady 0.09 - 0.1 kW. The setting on the inverter remained at 20W.
1707843421983.png

I believe that this has been mentioned before, but search isn't giving me any easy-to-find answer. Has anyone managed to change their Sunsynk grid type to anything other than General Standard via the inverter interface?

I have been told that it should be changed, but the only available options on the inverter grid screen are "General Standard" and "ESB Networks(Ireland)". It should be "NRS097", which is an option on the app, but there are a whole lot of other settings which are required to be changed but I don't really want to fiddle with.

After a discussion in another thread about approved inverters for CoCT, I see all the Sunsynk inverters are on there.

I decided to just go with it. Hopefully, the app stability issues will be a thing of the past once they switch server providers.

I believe that this has been mentioned before, but search isn't giving me any easy-to-find answer. Has anyone managed to change their Sunsynk grid type to anything other than General Standard via the inverter interface?

I have been told that it should be changed, but the only available options on the inverter grid screen are "General Standard" and "ESB Networks(Ireland)". It should be "NRS097", which is an option on the app, but there are a whole lot of other settings which are required to be changed but I don't really want to fiddle with.
I don't know as I don't have one yet. But just quickly scanning through NRS097-2-1 it just sets up the limits that is in the pdf. I see there contact details is UK and South Africa. Maybe give them a call

SA: +27 10 100 3589

FYI, I receive notifications on the SunSynk App when connecting or disconnecting from the grid.
Cant remember when the reconnection notifications started again. Region 2 from the start.

You should be able to select NRS097. Need to tick "Unlock Grid", and give the passcode.

1708081380813.png

My grid mode was recently changed as part of the engineer sign-off for CoCT approval. He changed it on the inverter (5kW) touch screen as shown by RonSwanson, but you can do it via the app as well.

1708082975060.png

My grid mode was recently changed as part of the engineer sign-off for CoCT approval. He changed it on the inverter (5kW) touch screen as shown by RonSwanson, but you can do it via the app as well.

View attachment 1662483
Yea I have that option, but it seems that many of the additional settings (Normal Connect or Reconnect After Trip) need to also be configured to be able to apply the change.

EDIT: on my Grid Setup page on the inverter, there is only one tab of Grid Type. Perhaps I need an update so that the other tabs show up (Connect, IP, F(W), V(W), V(Q), P(Q) and P(F)).

Yea I have that option, but it seems that many of the additional settings (Normal Connect or Reconnect After Trip) need to also be configured to be able to apply the change.

EDIT: on my Grid Setup page on the inverter, there is only one tab of Grid Type. Perhaps I need an update so that the other tabs show up (Connect, IP, F(W), V(W), V(Q), P(Q) and P(F)).
If the additional settings already have values populated, then you should not need to make any changes to them for it to allow you to change the grid mode. Then again, mine was not done via the app.

Interesting that you cannot see the other tabs on the inverter touch screen. Could be firmware related or you have limited access to the touch screen settings.

If the additional settings already have values populated, then you should not need to make any changes to them for it to allow you to change the grid mode. Then again, mine was not done via the app.

Interesting that you cannot see the other tabs on the inverter touch screen. Could be firmware related or you have limited access to the touch screen settings.
They aren't populated with valid values, but I do believe that it is firmware related and am waiting for feedback from Sunsynk.

You have an ancient manual.
Download one from Sunsynk.org
If your screen looks different, then you need a firmware update.

Edit: 8K manual's version is 33.
Agreed, it was just an example of what my inverter Grid Type screen looks like, also the only tab under Grid Settings. So certainly looking like a firmware update is due. Must be recent as my firmware was updated a month ago.

Agreed, it was just an example of what my inverter Grid Type screen looks like, also the only tab under Grid Settings. So certainly looking like a firmware update is due. Must be recent as my firmware was updated a month ago.
Interesting. I haven't updated my 5K in about 12 months, and I have it all. :unsure:

Back